Friday, February 21, 2020

Sylvanian Families Exhibition in Spain (2019), Part 1

Hello everyone!

A few months back, the Spanish branch of Sylvanian Families set up an exhibition in Spain, about an hour and a half away from where I live. It was apparently the biggest SF exhibition ever organised in Europe. I had the chance to attend, and absolutely loved it. There were several different and gorgeous dioramas showcasing the different areas advertised in this toy brand we all know and love, such as the village, the seaside and the town, some of which even had moving parts. There was also what looked like a shopping street, and a section with outdoors/picnic sets and vehicles.

I have been meaning to write a post about it for quite some time, and here it is! 
I took so many pictures that I ran out of space on my phone, haha!
I have made a selection to show you. I believe I will make several posts about the exhibition, since I have so many photos to share.
Please excuse the bad quality of some pictures, as most of them had to be taking through the glass protecting the beautiful dioramas. I was also quite excited when taking them, hehe!

In this first post I'll mainly show you pictures of the dioramas representing the Sylvanian village. Just to make it clear once again, none of these scenes or dioramas are mine or were set up by me! They were lovingly created by the people of Sylvanian Families España.

First of all, some pictures of the entrance to the exhibition and the big Sylvanians on display. It was just before Christmas time, which is why several of them are dressed in Santa costumes.








 


 

Now, on to the dioramas themselves!







 


I absolutely loved this little park! I picture Arcfield's central plaza similar to this, with the little food carts to the side :)




 Loved this road!






  


 











 
 


Now, a lovely wintery/Christmassy diorama which I adored: 
 




Look at this ice-skating rink! Isn't it the coolest thing ever? Probably my favourite part of the whole exhibition.







This post already has a lot of pictures, so I'll better stop here for now, hehe. I'll show you more next time. Hope you enjoyed it!

Once again, all credit for these lovely dioramas goes to the hard-working staff from Sylvanian Families España, who so beautifully and lovingly created these wonderful scenes. Since I attended the exhibition on only the second or third day after the inauguration and it was a weekday there wasn't too many people there so I had time to calmly look at everything (twice!) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I loved absolutely everything, a heartfelt thank you to the staff who made this possible! I hope the exhibition was successful so that they can do it again! :) I would love to attend other similar events.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I'll soon be back with part two and more pictures. Have a wonderful week-end!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, Ayrell!
    You had no need to apologise for the quality of some photos; they all looked great to me, and far better than anything I could achieve.
    It's hard to say which I liked most, but I did chuckle when I saw the Cakebread family and Milo helping with the dust pan and brush. The three tiny Persian kittens in the pram were extra cute too!
    Thanks so much for sharing your cheery pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson for your kind comment!
      I'm glad you liked the pictures. The exhibition was truly amazing! The staff set up some really cute scenes. I agree about the tiny Persian kittens in the pram!
      Have a wonderful week-end.

      Delete
  2. Wow!
    What a fun trip you must have had! All the little details are so amazing and the dioramas are beautiful. You are lucky to have that in Spain! I'm glad you went! It was so nice of you, Ayrell, to show us pictures. It looks like so much fun! Great job with the photos, too :)
    Best wishes,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie! Thank you for your kind comment.
      The exhibition was amazing, I had such a great time! The dioramas were so gorgeous and everything was so cute!
      I hope they organise something similar near where you live, too!
      Have a great week-end.

      Delete
  3. What fun! You are so lucky to have had the chance to attend - thank you so much for taking such beautiful photos and sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, GreyRabbit! The exhibition was great fun, I remember it very fondly. :)
      More pictures to come in future posts!
      Thanks again, have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell,
    Thanks a lot for posting so many wonderful pictures. The dioramas are gorgeous!
    I really hope there are more exhibitions in the future, hopefully closer to my place. I´d love to go!
    Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures.It´s easier to spot the details on the laptop screen than on the phone.
    Take care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you for your comment! I hope they organise an expo near where you live so that you can attend. You'd love it! :)
      Glad you enjoyed my pictures of the amazing dioramas!
      Have a great week-end.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)