Monday, February 3, 2020

February 2020 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

It seemed like January would never end, haha, but we're finally in February 2020!
And so, I'm back with the SF official calendar picture for this month:


This month we have a lovely and wintery Town scene. Love the snow effect, and as always, I adore the little coats, hats and scarves everyone is wearing. Stella and her boyfriend William seem to be taking a stroll or going on a date. 

I believe this building is the department store. It's so lovely! I don't plan on buying any Town buildings myself, but I have to admit that they're beautiful and very detailed. I do absolutely adore the tram, which we can kind of see in the background, to the left. :)

What do you all think of the Town buildings and sets? Are your Sylvanians ready to leave their village, even if for only a short time?

I have been pretty busy and a bit tired lately, so I haven't really been doing many Sylvanian-related things. I'm planning on writing a post regarding the SF exhibition I attended last year soon, and I also want to start working on Arcfield's shoe shop, which will be owned by Camilla Hunter-Smyth. :) I'd also like to take pictures of my new families and start thinking about/writing their bios! My "Families" page is in dire need of an update!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to belatedly tell you about the Sylvanians I received for Christmas:


My boyfriend and cousin got me an exclusive Guard Bear figure! I was very excited about this, as this adorable little one was exclusively available in the SF temporary pop-up shop that was in London until just recently. I didn't expect to get one, so it made me really happy!


My boyfriend also got me the adorable Violin Concert Set. He said Freya should become an apprentice to Lionel, haha! We'll see! :) I love the detail on the violin case, and this Freya figure has differently-shaped hands, so that she can hold and play her violin. The little storybook is very cute, as always!

I hope you all have a wonderful month of February! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell. For me, January sped by (it's probably an age thing!) but an advantage is seeing your calendar picture! I agree that the Sylvanians in their winter hats and coats is special. It must be rewarding to create these little outfits.

    I must admit I'm wondering what your Guard (have you thought about his name?) will be guarding in Arcfield. I bet you'd have an inventive story should you pursue the thought.

    I've not bought much of the town range, but exceptions were the cute couple, violinist and cellist. I named my Freya violinist Belle, so that my only Freya remains the one in the spotted dress. (I never thought of my sailor chocolate girl as Freya!) She is cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,

      Thank you very much for your comment!
      The winter outfits sure are adorable. I wish they were available to buy.
      I'm not sure about my little guard bear yet. Since he's a child figure, I was planning to use him to re-create the story of Arcfield's fundation (an idea for the History prompt on the forum!). Maybe I'll get around to it at some point. My boyfriend says he should be called Jebediah Arcfield, haha!

      I've also bought some individual Town sets, just not any building. Lionel is hard to resist! It's a good idea to make different characters out of the different Freyas.

      Have a great week-end!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell,

    I love the February calendar picture. You already know I wasn´t very fond of the town series at first but now I love every single thing,not only the sets but also the buildings.
    This wintery scene is lovely and the warm clothes the sylvanian living in town are wearing are adorable. I wish I could make or rather buy some of those coats. I love them!
    I´ve also been very busy lately so I haven´t had time to enjoy the sylvanians gifts I got at Christmas. I didn´t even have the chance to put the stickers on the tram!
    You´ve been very lucky to get the Guard Bear figure. I can image your face when you unwrapped the gift. What a delightful surprise!
    The Violin concert set is really cute too. Has Freya already started her violin lessons? I like your boyfriend´s idea of Freya being Lionel´s apprentice.

    Hope this months you can find some time to carry out the sylvanian-related projects you have in mind.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata,

      Thank you for your comment!
      I'm glad the Town series grew on you. That means we'll be able to enjoy your beautiful stories and pictures in this setting, too! :D
      I hope you get some free time to spend with your Sylvanians soon!

      I was ecstatic about the Guard Bear, as you can imagine! I didn't think I'd be able to get one! :)
      I don't think Freya has started her lessons yet, though I'm sure her mother is already thinking about it and hoping it'll teach her responsibility and perseverance, hehe! We'll see! :)

      I also hope to be able to spend some more time with my Sylvanians soon, too! It hasn't been a very Sylvanian year for me so far!

      Have a great week and thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)