Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Happy New Year 2022!

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year! It's 2022 already! 

2020 and 2021 have been quite difficult and exhausting so I truly hope 2022 will give us all a break.

This year I unfortunately haven't been able to get my hands on a Sylvanian calendar, but I think it would be a good idea to keep the monthly posts going, so I decided to re-post some of my favourite pictures I have taken. 


This is one of the very first Sylvanian pictures I took. I believe I didn't even have much furniture for my brand new Beechwood Hall back then! We can see Nicholas McFarlane enjoying his balcony here. The sea in the background is the actual view from my window. Arcfield is supposed to be near both the sea and the forest, and since the McFarlane's home is on high ground, it works! The lighting worked in my favour here, too. :)

My boyfriend Marcos also suggested that I each month I could post the biography of one of my families. I think this is a great idea, as I still have so many to work on, write, and post. Some families don't even have their picture for the biographies page taken yet! And some others I don't want to post yet since seeing the complete family would spoil some of the stories I have thought of, haha. I really should get started on writing those... But motivation has been eluding me lately. Sorry about that. I'm still working on that Sleepover story I keep talking about, haha.

So, I have updated both my Stories page (with links to all my stories) and the Families page, where you will see some new pictures and biographies. I sneakily added the biographies for the Chocolate Rabbit grandparents a few months back, and today I worked on the Waters Beavers, so this month I have two to post here!

Grandfather Rhys Chocolate and Grandmother Patricia Chocolate are Teri's parents. They are adventurous, free spirits and are often away, travelling by boat. That doesn't mean, however, that they aren't loving grandparents that dote on their grandchildren, because they sure are! They often come back to Arcfield to visit their family.

Rhys, a sailor, loves indulging his many grandchildren and their friends with tales of his adventures at sea (although it might be that not all of them are strictely true!). Much to his daughter's dismay, he also likes telling embarrassing stories about her childhood!

Patricia, an excellent cook and baker, loves making delicious meals for her loved ones. She tends to overcater, but she means well and just wants to make sure that no one stays hungry. Aven though she's a refined lady that was born in a wealthy family, she feels much more at ease doing things herself and freely traveling the world with her adored husband than she ever was back at her childhood's mansion.

Father Arthur Waters and his wife run the fruit cart in the village plaza, where they sell their own home-grown produce. Arthur is also known as a bit of an odd job man in Arcfield; if anything needs doing, you just need to let him know and he'll be there to lend a hand. Woodwork, broken pipes, roof repairing, you name it, he can do it. He has a calm, carefree disposition, in contrast with his rambuctious family! He adores his wife, Molly, but her nosiness and prying ways seem excessive to him at times. He believes people's private affairs should be left alone if they so wish!
Mother Molly Waters runs the fruit cart with her husband Arthur, and she loves their occupation, since it makes it possible for her to chat with everyone on the village and find out about every little detail of their lifes! An honest Sylvanian, full of candor, generosity and warmth, it is hard to refuse to answer her quick, insistent questions. She does mean well deep down; if she hears someone's in trouble, she'll do whatever's in her hands to help them. She has her hands full with her four children, but adores being a mother and loves her little ones' cheekiness; she hopes they won't grow up too quickly!
Brothers Fred and George are like two peas in a pod; they're always seen together and they're usually up to no good. Cakes and pastries are their absolute favourite, and if a cooling cake on a windowsill is suspiciously missing a slice (usually two), it has usually been these two's doing! Rumours say they're both quite admirative of the town biggest troublemaker, Freya Chocolate, but since she's a little older than then and also more subtle in her mischievous deeds, the three of them haven't associated just yet. The villagers can just hope they don't ever think of it, or even worse, that they start competing!
Baby sister Ginny and baby brother William (usually called Bill) are very happy babies, always full of smiles. They love to play together and with other children, as well as dressing up in costumes for the village's festivals and holidays, and it's very likely that they will inherit their older brothers' naughty dispositions. For now though, everyone enjoys their cuteness and hopes for the best!
--
Finally, a brand new picture! My entry for the monthly Sylvanian Photo Challenge in the forum:
This month the theme is New, and the sloths are a new family in my collection! I got them for Christmas (along with the black moles!). Seems like the babies are exploring the treetops of Arcfield already! :)
I hope you have a wonderful rest of January and that the Three Wise Men bring you plenty of presents if you celebrate that tradition in your country!
Stay safe and healthy, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see that picture of the sea-gazing Nicholas again. I look forward to reading about the McFarlane's again at some point (I bought my own recently, remembering them from your stories) and seeing if Coco still is interested in Nicholas's daughter!

    The biographies are a great idea for your posts, and I enjoyed your Waters exposé in particular. Fred & George look to be great story fodder, and the threat of a Freya collaboration is scary! I also wonder if there's a future Ron Waters pottering around somewhere!

    The sloths are cute and their colouring reminds me of a light dusting of cocoa. I wonder how they will figure into Arcfield's story?

    Have a happy 2022 and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson,

      Thank you so much for your comment! I did see in the forum you had bought the McFarlanes a while ago. I'm very glad I inspired you to get them! They were my first family so I'm especially fond of them. I look forward to seeing the adventures yours will have in Mellowdene! :) I really should feature them in a story again. I wanted to develop Elizabeth's (the mother) character more, so that's an idea.

      Glad you liked the Waters' bio! Haha, you're right, I'm missing Ron! I believe Fred, George and Freya planning mischief together would be too much for the poor villagers haha, but I've been thinking of it ever since getting the beavers. We'll see!

      The sloths sure are adorable, I was very happy to get them. I also wonder what their role in the village will be. I do have a slight idea, but there's so many familias I own that haven't been introduced yet...!

      Thank you again, stay safe as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell,

    I am happy to hear you intend to keep your monthly posts going. The idea of reposting some of your favourite pictures and writing a family bio each month is great. A perfect way to keep your blog updated and your readers happy to know more about Arcfield´s residents.

    The picture you chose this month is amazing! The lighting was just right! I love the reflection of the sun on the water. The MacFarlanes are very lucky to live in a house with such lovely views.

    I also love the picture of your new family! The baby sloths are adorable and very good at climbing up trees!
    I´m looking forward to seeing them in one of your stories or reading about them in one of your monthly biographies.

    I enjoyed reading the bios on you first post of the year.
    When I read about the Chocolate grandparents and the Waters I could remember the stories where you featured these characters.
    You have a gift to capture their personality traits on the stories you write.That makes them special.

    Can´t wait to read the Sleepover story. Hope you gather enough motivation to finish it soon.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you so much for your comment! I was afraid that with my lack of Sylvanian motivation lately, stopping the monthly pictures might lead to me abandoning the blog altogether, and I don't want that! This way I can also slowly work on the bios as well. Hopefully I'll manage to keep up with my monthly posts.

      Glad you liked the picture with Nicholas! I was lucky with the lighting indeed. I still like it very much myself. :)

      Aren't the sloths cute? The babies aren't posable, sadly, but their poses worked for the picture, haha! I hope to be able to introduce the family (and the other many families I own that haven't made an appearance in stories yet) soon!

      Thank you for your kind words on my stories and character's personalities! Seeing characters interact with each other and slowly develop their personalities is one of my favourite things when I read or watch shows/films, and that applies to my writing as well. Glad you enjoy it! :)

      The Sleepover story! Soon, hopefully! :D

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)