Thursday, December 9, 2021

December 2021 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone,

It's hard to believe, but it's the last month of 2021 already! And here I am with the picture for December in the calendar my dear friend Cutata sent me last year.

This is the last picture, which makes me quite sad! Thank you once again, dear Cutata, for sending me the beautiful calendar you made

Everyone, please do visit Cutata's blog for more lovely pictures and stories. I guarantee you'll be amazed by their quality.

This time we have the very lovely Hazelnut Dormouse family. They're truly adorable, and I don't see them very often in collector's pictures. Isn't this picture perfect for the holidays? Brother and sister Otto and Odette are decorating their Christmas tree, and baby Ned is already enjoying the sweets, haha! As usual, every single detail in this picture is well thought-of and absolutely perfect. Look at those gorgeous cookies and candy canes! Just lovely. 

This picture is part of this beautiful Christmas story Cutata posted back in 2019. Don't miss it! 

I don't think I'll be able to get a hold of a Sylvanian calendar for 2022, so unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue my monthly posts. Posh Pear suggested in the comments of my last post that I make my own calendar. I'm not sure my pictures are good enough for that, but I was thinking that maybe I can do a monthly post featuring one of my past pictures and just write about life and my collection as I usually do, haha! What do you all think?

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the month, and Happy Holidays from me and the citizens of Arcfield!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!

    You're right - the Hazelnut dormice don't get the showing they deserve, and it's lovely to see them in Cutata's incredible pictures. In my own tales, Mona has appeared as a secondary character in cake club stories and as Merlin Butterglove's co-worker in the library. Her family have thus far been unseen. Maybe worth remedying...

    As for creating your own calendar, we must bear in mind that there are few of us who can match the detail and artistry of Cutata, but maybe that doesn't matter when we consider how inspiring her work is. I love your pictures, and I'm confident that your character-led photos will be enjoyed if you can find time to share them.

    Wishing you all the best for this festive season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson,
      Thank you very much for your comment!
      You're lucky to have some dormice! They're hard to get a hold of these days. They're truly very cute.

      Thank you for your kind words regarding my pictures as well. The monthly picture is a way of keeping my blog active even when I don't have much to share, so I'll have to think of something...

      Have a wonderful festive season as well, stay safe!

      Delete
  2. ¡Feliz Navidad! I know I'm a day late, hehe

    As always Cutata, makes a delightful photo. The cookies candy and the Hazelnuts themselves look great. I really like that family photo in the back, it looks realistic.

    I like your idea about a monthly post with an old photo, and I'm flattered that you mentioned me on your blog! The photo below with the babies is utterly adorable! The squirrels sweater is so cute!

    Happy holidays Ayrell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Feliz Navidad, Yosemite! Sorry for the delay in replying. I hope you had wonderful holidays with your family.
      Glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for your comment! Have a great rest of the week. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!

    What a festive Christmas picture! It's so inspiring to see you persistently blogging month after month and sharing the beautiful calendar photos from Cutata and updates on you and your Sylvanians. I agree that the Hazelnut Dormice are truly adorable and definitely represent the wholesome snd simple values of the Sylvanian families in and oh-so-perfect way.

    I hope you can find a way to continue to share your monthly posts in the New Year, even if not by creating your own calendar. In my opinion, your photos are quite lovely and whatever path you chose to follow in 2022 will be delightful to read and admire.

    Best wishes to you and your Sylvanians this January,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie! Glad to see you around! :)
      Thank you for your kind comment. I haven't been very inspired to do things with my Sylvanians lately, but I have tried to stick to my calendar posting schedule, glad you appreciate it! :)

      Thank you as well for your kind comment on my pictures! Glad you enjoy then.
      Happy New Year and have a wonderful rest of the week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)