Thursday, January 17, 2019

Snow Day!

Hello everyone!

This year, on the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community forum there is once again a bi-weekly creativity/crafting challenge. I didn't participate at all last year, but I really enjoyed looking at everyone's entries, so this time I thought I'd give it a try!

Challenge number 1's theme was "Snow Day". Description written by Terra, forum admin and challenge organiser this time around:

"Wintertime has come to the forest, bringing the first snowfall of of the new year. There’s been so much snow that the shops are closed and Aristotle Treefellow has cancelled school for the day! It’s a Snow Day in Sylvania, which means an unexpected holiday! Time for sledding, building snow Sylvanians, snowball fights, or maybe a cosy day indoors.

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Snow Day theme!" 


As for my contribution to the challenge, I thought I'd show what's going on in Arcfield during the Snow Day:
Image
Since their mother won't let them go out and play with the snow, the Chocolate siblings are playing a board game. Coco is frustrated, as Freya keeps cheating and Crème doesn't really understand the rules. They're bickering and making quite the ruckus! :D

I made the Monopoly board myself using this tutorial: https://theminitimemachine.org/how-tos/ ... poly-game/

It even folds, like a real one! :)

Image
A close-up!

Image
Mrs Elizabeth McFarlane is getting ready to enjoy a book by the lit fireplace.

Image
Her daughter Annabelle is upstairs on her room, writing a story!

Image
In the Robinsons' household, Fliss and her daughters have been baking all morning! Well, little Cali is more of a taste tester! :D
"You can't eat those yet, Cali!".

Image
The Spinelli siblings, Silvio and Livia, had been paying company to their mother on the bakery, but they snuck out to make a huge snowball! They must go back inside quickly though, or they'll catch a cold!


Hope you liked my pictures. :)
Do not hesitate to visit the forum and look at everyone's wonderful entries! 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like your families are having lots of fun on their Snow Day! So funny, this is not what I would have pictured at all; we tend to think of everyone being out sledding and building snowmen All The Time during snow - probably because we've never experienced it in real life! :D I'm guessing the reality is that most people would want to try to stay warm!
    I love the Monopoly game!! Thanks so much for the link to that website; I just had a look and they have lots of lovely miniature ideas to try - I have bookmarked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much GreyRabbit!
      Truth be told, we don't get much snow where I live in Spain either, and if I didn't take more photos of Sylvanians building snowmen and having snowball fights it's because I didn't have any artificial snow or jackets for them to wear! :D (The "snow" in the picture with the hedgehogs is actually my pajamas, haha!)

      Glad you like the little Monopoly! That website is indeed superb!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, that's so funny that you used your pyjamas for the snow - I love it! Hooray for creative use of everyday objects! :D
      I didn't do anything for the Snow Day challenge. Not sure if I will join in on the current one yet. It's 41 degrees Celsius where I am today, so I am really just not feeling the winter themes...! Still fun looking at everyone else's though!

      Delete
    3. Hehe, thank you! Cutata is the absolute expert when it comes to using everyday items for her Sylvanians, as you know if you've checked out her blog!
      No wonder you're not feeling the winter theme with that temperature, ouch! I hope you'll be inspired to join soon, looking forward to seeing your projects. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Ayrell!!! Son unas fotos preciosas. El Monopoly que has fabricado es genial, muchas gracias por compartir el tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchísimas gracias Amaia!
      El Monopoly es monísimo, no me apaño mucho con las manualidades pero cuando vi el tutorial tenía que intentarlo, jeje, y es fácil, solo tijeras, papel, cartón y pegamento. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell! Your sylvanians are so lucky! I wish it snowed like that every winter where I live! That Monopoly game is super cute! I love the picture of the Spinelli(love the name!) siblings playing in the snow! They did well to build such a massive snowball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie! Thank you very much for your comment! :) We don't get much snow where I live in Spain either, sadly! When it snows even a little, everyone goes a little crazy, hehehe.
      Glad you liked the Monopoly and the picture with the big snowball! :) And the Spinelli siblings' surname! I'm going with an Italian vibe for my Hedgehog family, which is why I had to think of new names for them!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell!
    I thought I had left a comment on this entry but it seems I only left it on you IG account where I saw your photos for this first challenge.
    I remember asking you about the snowball. I looks like it is made of real snow.
    The tiny monopoly is adorable. It does look like a mini version of the real one. You had a great idea making this board game.I must give it a try. My sylvanians will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Thank you for your comment. :)

      Glad you liked my pictures! As I mentioned in IG, the snowball is actually a led lamp with the shape of the moon, hehe! My boyfriend has it on his desk and as I was thinking what I could use for an outdoors winter scene I thought it was perfect.
      I'm sure your Sylvanians will appreciate their Monopoly! The tutorial is really easy to follow and the board even folds, like a real one! I had to try it when I saw it. :)


      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)