Monday, January 28, 2019

Winter Breakfast

Hi everyone!

The second creativity/crafting challenge of the year was posted in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community forum by admin Terra:

Challenge #2: Winter Breakfast

Sylvania is a busy place, and all too often Sylvanians find themselves rushing through the first meal of the day. But, when a Snow Day is declared in the forest, everyone has a bit more time in the morning. Sylvanians may find themselves making an elaborate breakfast, attempting a challenging bake, or making an expedition to see whether a bakery is open in order to purchase some special treats. They might enjoy a lazy breakfast with friends and family or be more rushed than ever to get outside and enjoy the snow! Maybe your Sylvanians are determined to cook outside no matter the weather or perhaps they might have a lie in and eat breakfast at noon. Show us what a winter breakfast is like for your Sylvanians!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Winter Breakfast theme!


And here's my entry!


Teri Chocolate had a busy day ahead, so when it was announced that it was a Snow Day and that the children would be staying home, she only had time to whip up some quick cereal for breakfast! She buys many differents kinds, as each of her children likes different brands!

 
Fliss Robinson, however, loves cooking and baking, so when she found out that her daughters would be staying home, she took out her most colourful dishes and prepared all kinds of sweets, cookies and treats! Looks like a party! There's a condition though, everyone has to eat one or two slices of healthy apples and not only sweets!


The Andes Alpaca family members are also having a busy morning in the kitchen in this cold snowy day! Their breakfast is quite healthy though, with quite a bit of fruit, though it looks like Fiorella convinced her parents to have pudding, her favourite!


Would you like a slice of delicious rye bread? The one Carmela Spinelli, the Hedgehog mother makes, is the best, and it's great with butter!


For this challenge, I made the cereal boxes from some of these printables: http://www.jensprintables2.com/grocerycereal.htm


And the bread, by following this tutorial: 

http://www.yolandameow.com/2016/11/Mini ... Bread.html

I'm not very good at crafting, but I'm trying to start making some small things and doing what I can, and most importantly, having fun!



Hope you liked the pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell! I loved seeing what your sylvanians were getting up to at breakfast on a snow day. I hope they stay snuggled up nice and warm! The Alpaca family is gorgeous! Thanks for the links to those websites, they have some great crafting ideas and patterns I will have to try.
    Your pictures are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie! Thanks for your comment, glad you liked the pictures! :D
      The Alpacas are adorable, I loved them ever since I saw the first blurry promo picture of them, hehe!
      Those websites are great, I love them and use them often, so I thought I'd share! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell!
    Wow! Your pictures are amazing!
    I would love to sit at The Robinson´s table. That breakfast is a real treat to sight and taste.
    I love cereal and those packets you made are really cute. I´m happy to see you are starting making your own crafts. Once you start you realize is not that hard and as you say the best part is that it is also fun.
    I´m absolutely in love with The Alpacas and their cozy kitchen.I love the breakfast set, is it also a new release? I haven´t seen that yellow toaster before and the juice mixer looks new to me. I guess the plates with the eggs are also part of this new set.
    The rye bread looks fantastic! I saw that tutorial some time ago. I found it really funny that you could even eat it as it is made with real bread.It looks like the real thing! It´s a great picture!

    Congrats on your projects and photos for this challenge! You did a wonderful job!I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Thanks for your comment!
      I wouldn't mind being a guest at Fliss Robinson's home either, hehe!
      When I started participating in these challenges I didn't think I'd be crafting anything (I was only planning to set up scenes and/or write stories) but I started looking for easy things to make and I'm finding it fun! :) My crafts are not perfect, but I imagine I'll improve if I keep at it!

      The Alpacas are so cute! I believe the breakfast set is new, indeed. The funny thing is that I wasn't even aware of having bought a new release, haha! I had a couple of other things from KobeeJapan in my shopping basket and added the set without much thought to save on postage, thinking it was the old one. It was only when it arrived that I realized it was different (though similar: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lc0AAOSwlAFb2B31/s-l1600.jpg).

      Thank you for complimenting the bread I made! I could write a whole post about all the trouble I had with it, haha! But in the end I believe I managed to make it look decent enough to take a picture. :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)