Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sylvanian Families 2019 Calendar and January's picture!

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to report that my 2019 SF Calendar arrived! :D


I love it! The images are colourful and vibrant, the paper is glossy and of great quality, and it even tells you the birthdays of the Sylvanians! :)

The image I posted above is the "cover" of the Calendar. Our dear Chocolate Rabbits can be seen surrounded by beautiful greenery, trees and flowers, with a house in the style of the newer releases on the back.

In past years, both Emily (Dandelion Creek) and Cutata (My Sylvanian Paradise) have done monthly posts showing the pictures for each month of the Calendar. Cutata told me that she didn't mind if I did it this year, so I'll be happy to! :)


This is the picture for January. This seems like it might be the inside of the new supermarket. I love the picture, it's very colourful and I can almost hear the noise everyone must be making in this busy place! It seems like there's some food to taste test as well. Those babies are adorable. I love those pizzas from the new pizzeria release, that you can use to pose the figures so that it looks like they're picking up a slice. 
Also, I remember Emily mentioning that Freya and her little sister Crème tend to appear in almost every picture of the calendar, so I thought it'd be fun to count in how many pictures they appear this year, haha. :D We have Freya this month, but no Crème! Instead we can see Frasier, Freya's father, at the back.
 
Here you can see what the actual calendar part looks like.


As you can see, if was Andre Wooly's birthday on January 8, and Cedric Walnut's will be on January 29. The text is written in Japanese, but thankfully there's a picture!

I think the calendar is adorable and I'm very happy to have it. I hung it next to the table where I work and I love looking at it from time to time. :)

Hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell! Congratulations on getting the calendar! I got the 2016 calendar a few years ago, and I still look back on it. I'm sure it's something that you will treasure in years to come. The pictures are so adorable!
    That house in background on the cover looks really sweet, I will have to keep an eye out for it!
    I love the toy trolley that the squirrel baby is pushing in the January picture! And it's cute how there are the birthdays on the calendar too. Happy Birthday in advance to Cedric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you so much for your comment! I'm sure that I will treasure the calendar for years to come, as you said. It's so lovely! :)
      The babies sure are adorable in this picture indeed!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the calendar Ayrell! I was lucky enough to win one - it just arrived yesterday! A great thing about the Sylvanian calendar is that they obviously alter them depending on where they are being distributed: mine has a lovely summer barbeque picture for January, and this grocery store picture features in July! (They do keep the Christmas, Hallowe'en and Easter months the same though)
    So cute that your calendar has the Sylvanians' birthdays! Mine doesn't have that (but it does have our holidays such as Australia Day & ANZAC Day, so that is a good thing). Interesting to see the differences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thanks for your comment!
      Oh, huge congrats on winning the calendar! Isn't it awesome? :D
      How cool that it's adapted depending on location! I didn't know they did that. Mine, being Japanese, has Sundays before Mondays on the weekday, for example.
      Congratulations again! The pictures are all so cute!

      Delete
    2. Our calendars usually have the Sunday in that position too. Do yours usually have Monday first?

      Delete
    3. Oh, I didn't know, that's interesting! :)
      Yes, here in Europe Mondays come first in the calendar, with Saturday and Sunday at the end. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    I had a lovely surprise when I logged into your blog and I found two new posts!

    Congrats on the SF calendar. I told you you were going to love it.The pictures are amazing but so is the quality of the paper.
    I´m really happy you are in charge of writing the monthly posts this year. The picture for January is really cute, especially the babies. It´s funny how baby Ralph is in the supermarket pushing his toy car trolley while his mum is still outside. He was in hurry to fill his trolley with some goodies: ice cream, pop corn and some bananas.
    The sylvanian´s birthdays are a nice addition to this year´s calendar.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm very invested in my Sylvanian hobby these days, which is why there's been a post per week! :) Hope you enjoy them!

      The Calendar is awesome indeed! Hehe, you're right about the baby squirrel, I hadn't noticed. Very cute indeed!

      I will probably post February's picture later this week, on February 1. :)

      Have a nice week as well!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)