Thursday, February 14, 2019

Secret Admirer / Valentine's Day

Hi everyone!

The third creativity/crafting challenge of the year was posted in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community forum by admin Terra:

Challenge #3: Secret Admirer / Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day is approaching and many Sylvanians are preparing cards, treats, gifts, and outings to celebrate with their long-time partners and spouses.

Other Sylvanians may find that they have a mystery to solve! Perhaps they might find a friendly note in the post, signed “your secret admirer” or receive a bouquet of flowers with no indication of who the sender is. They may arrive at the bakery, and find that their tea and cake has already been paid for. The secret admirer is possibly someone that they never would have guessed - or it could be their crush! Will the Secret Admirer’s identity be discovered? Will their feelings be returned? Tell us all about it for our first challenge of February!

If the “Secret Admirer” theme isn’t inspiring you, please feel free to create any sort of Valentine’s Day related project.

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Secret Admirer / Valentine’s Day theme! 


I once again photographed some separate scenes of what's happening in Arcfield:


On the morning of Valentine's Day, when Annabelle McFarlane went to pick up the mail, she found a curious card with the normal correspondence. She was very surprised to see that it was addressed to her!


 

She went to her bedroom to read it. It contained a sweet love message, but the person who sent it hadn't signed it! It was from a secret admirer! Who could it be from...? :D 

Looks like Rick Andes, the village's doctor, has made a stop or two in his rounds to get a gift and a card for his wife! I wonder what it could be? This would come as a surprise to no one in the village, as Rick and Ariadna are a very loving couple, not afraid of showing their affection for each other in public!


The Chocolate Rabbit's Chocolaterie is very popular on Valentine's Day! Looks like Anthony and Carmela Spinelli are having some sweet treats together. Carmela's very amused at the fact that her husband would take her out to eat sweets instead of for a formal lunch or dinner, but then again, Anthony is most definitely a child at heart!


Seems like Teri has made a special strawberry cake for Valentine's Day! The Hunter-Smyths are taking a look at what the shop has to offer.


When the day finally ends, the Chocolates have been working and baking all day and feel quite exhausted. However, Teri surprises her husband Frasier with a very special, heart-shaped chocolate cake that she made just for him!

I didn't do much crafting for this challenge, I only printed the little cards, glued them to cardstock and cut them. :)
Hope you liked the pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell,
    It´s lovely to see what´s going on in Arcfield on Valentine´s Day.
    Aww…!How sweet of Coco! I love how he´s looking at Annabel while she´s reading the card he wrote to her. I wonder if she guessed who her secret admirer was.
    I read your new families´ bios a few days ago and the way Rick Andes and Anthony Spinelli show their affection to their wives on this special holiday matches their personality perfectly.

    It´s nice meeting the Hunter-Smiths. I love this family .No wonder Camila is staring at that cream and strawberry cake. It looks stunning! The heart-shaped chocolate cake Teri baked for Frasier looks delicious too.
    Do these cakes belong to a Sylvanian set? I love them.
    I´m happy to see the Chocolate´s Chocolaterie is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you so much for your comment. :D
      I'm glad you liked my pictures. :) I also wonder if Annabelle suspects anything!

      I'm glad you think my pictures matched Rick and Anthony's personalities! I did try to do that. :)

      I also love the Hunter-Smyths! I still haven't thought much about them and their role in their village, though I do have some ideas, but they sure are adorable. I got the baby triplets as well. So cute!

      The cakes are from a Sylvanian set indeed! Here's a link: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00636WDL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      I enjoyed setting the Chocolaterie up again. :) My little handmade building sure is proving useful, hehe!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the link. I had seen the set long time ago and I even had it in my shopping basket but I completely forgot about it.Probably when I got the Village Cake Shop I considered I had plenty of cakes and I lost interest in this set until I saw those delicious cakes in your pictures.
      The cakes look amazing and it´s nice the set comes with numbered candles.
      Now, I see the gift box Andy carries on his bike belongs to this set too. By the way, I like his doctor coat.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Cutata! Glad the link was useful. The cakes are so pretty in person, and the candles are a nice touch! Maybe I'll do a birthday story using them at some point. :)
      Glad you like the doctor's coat! It was a bit hard to get, but worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell! So nice to see how the villagers of Arcfield celebrate Valentine’s Day!
    I love the picture of the Spinellis having some sweet delights at the Chocolaterie. It looks delicious! I looked at the link to those cakes on amazon. I have never seen or heard of that set before; are they exclusive to Spain?
    The Hunter-Smythes are lovely. I like their chocolate colouring.
    The cards you made are really cute! Well done! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you so much for your kind comment! So glad you liked the pictures and the little cards I made. :) I also like that picture with the Spinellis, hehe.
      I just recently got the Hunter-Smyths. Love them!

      The cake set is from Japan, I found a Japanese seller that sells it at Amazon Spain. The shop's name is "J-Groove".

      Alternatively, I found it on eBay! : https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Sylvanian+Families+furniture+birthday+cake+set&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15

      If that doesn't work try looking for "Sylvanian Families furniture birthday cake set". :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)