Saturday, July 27, 2019

A day with the Sylvanians!

Hello everyone!

In the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community forum we had a poll to decide the theme for the next fortnight's challenge and I'm happy to say that the option I suggested, "Sylvanians in the Real World", won!

Challenge #14: Community Choice Vote - Sylvanians in the Real World

The second challenge of July has been decided by the community! Congrats to Ayrell, who made the winning suggestion! Her idea is "Sylvanians in the Real World - Taking photos of Sylvanians in our Surroundings".

Thank you very much to everyone who voted and especially to those that submitted ideas. Any of the suggestions would make a great theme, so maybe we will see some of the others pop up in future challenges.

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to do something creative with the Sylvanians in the Real World theme!

 


Even though it was my suggestion, I must admit I had a bit of trouble with it. These past few weeks have been a bit crazy and I haven't really been in much of a Sylvanian mood. Besides, I'm always too shy to take out my figures out in public to take pictures of them! I often carry them with me in my purse when I go out and then can't muster up the courage to photograph them with people around, haha. 

This is a bit different than usual, but hopefully you'll enjoy it all the same!

--

The other morning, Freya was insisting that I take her to my desk to keep me company while I work. I explained that I would just be working and it would be boring for her, but she insisted!
Barely 15 minutes had passed when...



"Hey, I'm bored"
"I told you you'd be!"




"Come on, take a break, let's chat a bit!"
"Can you please get off my keyboard...?"

I went to get a drink, and when I got back, she'd somehow found a way to browse to my blog on the computer!




"Hey, what is this you're writing about me? This is slander I tell you, SLANDER!"
She then left in a huff, quite offended! Now I'm a bit worried that she'll set up pranks for me around the house... :S

I then had to go out for a bit, and when I came back, I found Fliss Robinson waiting for me.




"How are you doing, dear? My, but you look tired. Here, let me cut up an orange for you. I'll make it into nice slices and even put some cinnamon on them".
"Oh Fliss, there's no need, don't wo...".
She didn't listen to me, of course. I was thinking that it wasn't worth it for her to go through all the trouble, since a Sylvanian-sized orange wouldn't be much of a snack for me.

But then, this is what I found in the kitchen!




"Fliss?!"
"Oh darling, you see, I did manage to find your cutting board, but this orange might be a bit of a problem..."
(Thank you to Tenchibaka on the forum for this idea! :D)



We went to see The Lion King that evening, and Lionel came with us! I think he enjoyed the movie, though he just nodded without a word when I asked.
We bought a pizza for dinner, and when I went to set it on the table, I found the Spinellis on top of the box!



"What do you suppose this is, Carmela?" Anthony asked his wife, who was staring intently into the picture on the box.
"It sure looks like the box of one of your pizzas, daddy!" exclaimed Livia.
"Oh! Maybe we should change the design on our boxes so that they have my face on them! :D"
"Please don't" his younger brother Christopher muttered to himself.




"Ooh, look at this!" exclaimed Carmela.
"If we made a pizza this size, we could host a great event and give it to the whole village to taste! I think it would be great publicity!"
Anthony seemed very excited at this idea, but once again, Christopher only rolled his eyes!  

 






And lastly, here's a picture of the Robinsons next to what could be a huge blackcurrant pie!
(It's blackberry, but bear with me here.. :D )


Hope you enjoyed the pictures!


15 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing post, Ayrell!

    It was both fun and interesting. Freya getting all huffed up about your blog was funny, and Christopher silently wishing his older brother won't put his face on their pizza boxes made me chuckle. Typical siblings; I'm not so sure my little sister would want my face everywhere either!

    I recently set up an account at the Sylvanian Families Collector's Forum. Since I'm guessing you know a lot about it, could you please inform me where I can find the crafting challenge and more information about it? Thank you!

    Have a great day, Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie!
      Thank you very much for your kind comment! I'm very happy you enjoyed the post. :)
      Here's a link to the challenge thread: https://sylvanianfamiliesforum.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=302
      You'll find it at the very end of the forum, inside the "Crafting Conversations" section.
      Hope that was helpful, looking forward to seeing your entries! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks again for your help! You don't have to respond to this comment or else our conversation will just drag on forever! ;D I'll check out the thread right now!! Thank you!

      Emilie

      Delete
  2. Oooh my favourite, I love seeing Sylvanians in the human world! Your lovely photos really show their true size. Just the thought of Fliss attacking that orange to chop it into slices makes me chuckle, and the size of that pie!! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!

      Thank you very much for your comment, I always enjoy the posts where you interact with your Sylvanians so I'm happy you liked mine! I had to help Fliss with the orange in the end, hehe!
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell
    Wow, your Sylvanians have been busy! I LOVE the photo of Fliss with the orange - there's just something about it that makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you for your comment, so happy you liked the post! Poor Fliss had her work cut out for her, haha!
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell!
    First of all, congrats on winning the poll! Although I didn't vote and haven't got around to taking part either, I was hoping your suggestion would win! There's just something special about Sylvanians exploring our giant world, and you captured that perfectly!
    The bit about Fliss and the very large orange was gorgeous; she's so motherly and kind-hearted, although I'd imagine it would be abit of a problem trying to cut an orange as tall as yourself with a knife that size! Never mind, it's the thought that counts!
    Yum, that pizza looks tasty! I'm sure a giant pizza event for the village would be a great sucess! The Spinellis should certainly consider it!
    Thanks for sharing! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for your comment and the congrats! I'm glad you liked my suggestion. :)
      Fliss sure likes to take care of everyone, I had to help her a little with the orange in the end! But she took a bit piece with her to share with her family. :)
      I also agree that Anthony had a good idea there, haha!
      Thanks again and have a nice week as well!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ayrell!
    I really enjoyed this post. As you pointed out, a bit different than usual but at the same time original and fun to read.That makes it special.

    I wonder how Freya was able to find your blog on your computer!I didn´t know she was computer literate. Her reaction, when she saw her family on the screen, was so funny! She is such a character!

    Fliss´ scene trying to cut the orange with that tiny knife is hilarious. She is always caring for everyone. If you let her out more often she would even prepare dinner for you and your boyfriend one of these days and who knows she is also able to clean your house: Haha!
    Lionel looks great and a bit shy though next to the film´s poster.By the way, did you like it? I was considering taking my kids to the cinema but I´m not sure if the younger ones would like it as it features real animals instead of cartoons.
    I love the picture of the Spinellis´ on top of the pizza box. I liked their dialogues and reaction when they saw the big pizza.
    The last picture is perfect for the Robinsons´.Blackurrant and BlackBerry pie look pretty much the same so let´s pretend it´s blackcurrant.

    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you very much for your comment! I'm very happy you enjoyed this post. :)
      I also didn't know Freya was computer literate! She's full of surprises that one!
      What a great idea, to have Fliss help us cook and clean the house! How didn't I think of that before? Haha!
      I did like the remake of The Lion King! Though I must admit, I like the older cartoon version best. If your children enjoy that story I think they'd like the new version too since it's basically the same though! :)
      Glad you liked the pictures with the pie and the pizza! It's basically the same picture but I thought the Robinsons were cute so I included it.

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures, Ayrell, and the real world hasn't affected the characters of your Sylvanian visitors! Perhaps your Freya should be nicknamed Mimi, since "me me" is high up on her priorities! Fliss is a darling, Lionel shy, and the Spinellis a real family.

    You met the challenge well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson for your comment, glad you liked the pictures!
      Love the "Mimi" nickname for Freya, very appropriate, haha!

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)