Thursday, August 1, 2019

August Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

Believe it or not, it's August already, so here's the picture in the SF Calendar for this month.


This time we have a beautiful kitchen scene with the new furniture! I really like those new sets, but so far I haven't had an excuse to buy them, hehe. I'm thinking of buying a Cozy Cottage to add to my Beechwood Hall and re-decorate it for a different family (it's currently set and displayed as the McFarlane's home). That way I could have a couple of extra rooms and make a big mansion (and finally have a proper bathroom with a bathtub in one of my houses, haha!) 
At first I was planning to re-decorate the house for the Tuxedo cat family (when I get them...) since they look so elegant! But lately I've been thinking that it could also work for the Hunter-Smyths, which is a family that I actually own and that I also see as quite wealthy. Decisions, haha!

Anyway, back to the picture! We have the Chocolate rabbit family, dressed in lovely new clothes, enjoying a delicious, fresh watermelon! They also have some other fruits at hand. I love how they displayed the kitchen table, it looks so real and busy! I also like the wall decoration at the top left of the picture. At the front left we have a couple of very cute babies about to start eating some delicious-looking pancakes, and to the right we can see the incredibly adorable Osborne siblings. I love the outfit on the baby! I wish they sold the baby figures with clothes like that. 

I actually quite like the Osborne bears, but I'm a bit reluctant to get them since I already have the McFarlanes, and I'm trying not to have too many figures of the same species in my village, since I don't have a lot of space for my collection at home and I'd rather have variety.
If I were to get another bear family, I'd probably go for the polar bears or panda bears, since they're quite different. Before I started collecting, the Petites were my favourite. Love their colour scheme.

In this month's picture we have Freya Chocolate (of course!) but not her sister Crème! I believe the Chocolate baby in this picture is her even younger sister, Breeze.

In other Sylvanian news, I have almost managed to complete the baby band from the blind bags! I wasn't planning to try and complete the collection, but... you know how things are with Sylvanians, haha! I actually like the shopping blind bags babies better, so I'm hoping for them to start appearing at shops soon! Cutata told me she'd found them at a shop in Spain, but quite expensive, at 8€.

I sure rambled a lot this month, haha! Sorry if I bored you. I quite enjoy reading other collectors' thoughts in their blogs though, so I thought it'd be OK to write a little about mine in these monthly calendar posts. :) Feel free to look at the picture and not read anything else, haha!

I'll be posting less this month, as I'll be leaving to visit some relatives soon and won't be back until September 1st or 2nd.
Have a great month of August and a wonderful rest of summer!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    It is indeed a beautiful picture! I love sylvanian kitchen scenes and this one in particular is great as there are lots of thing to look at. The new kitchen furniture is very nice.

    You don´t always need an excuse to buy a new SF set. Haha, at least that´s what I did. I bought a Calico Critter kitchen set on amazon com a few months ago but I don´t have any plans for it yet. I just know it´s really cute and I ´m glad I got it.

    As for your plans, re-decorating Beechwood Hall and a Cozy Cottage is an ambitious but a fun project too.Adding and extra house is the only way to have a proper bathroom so this time you have a good excuse to buy it.:) There´s not enough place for it in Beechwood Hall unless the family has just one child.

    Your future "mansion" would be perfect for the Hunter-Smyths. Oficially they live in Highfields Farm but, in my opinion,their clothes look too elegant to be the farm owners. The Tuxedos are lovely but they look even more elegant. Their satin clothes look like the ones we see in the Town series.

    I really enjoy reading about your thoughts so feel free to keep writing about them in future posts.They´re not boring at all.

    Have a wonderful August and enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you very much for your comment. I also quite like the new kitchen furniture! And you're right about new sets, of course, hehe.
      I completely agree about the Hunter-Smyths! I knew they were supposed to be farmers, but they didn't strike me as so at all from their appearance. I did try to kind of link them to their canon story by making Charles' parents be farmers, hehe.

      Thanks again, glad you enjoyed reading my thoughts!
      Have a wonderful August as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell!
    Don't worry, you didn't bore me at all. It's always fun to read your posts, and the calendar picture was so cute!

    I think re-decorating the house for the Hunter-Smyths would be a slightly better idea since you already have them, but maybe after that you could get the Tuxedo Cats and let them move in, maybe saying the Hunter-Smyths made Beechwood Hall a temporary home or a summer home or something like that. At least that's what I would do, but you probably already have a great idea on what to you since, they are your Sylvanians :)

    Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful holiday and we'll see you back this September!

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie!

      Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad you find my posts entertaining. :)
      I think I'm leaning more towards decorating the home for the Hunter-Smyths now. Your idea is also great, it would allow me to decorate the house twice, even! I'll think about it. :)
      Thank you as well for the good wishes! I'll probably still be around on the forum and commenting so you won't miss me much, hehe!
      Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    Thanks for sharing this month's adorable picture! I love the bustling feel of the kitchen and there are so many tiny details! I wonder what's in the blender on the right? It looks delicious!
    Yum! Now I'm feeling hungry looking at all that yummy food, even though I just had breakfast! I have to say, sylvanian food always looks really good!
    Your Beechwood Hall/Cosy Cottage re-decorations sounds like a good idea! I understand what you mean about there not being enough space. Lots of sylvanian houses never have quite enough rooms for everyone, or a bathroom, toilet, etc, and I find it very frustrating!
    Congrats on completing the baby band series! The shopping series have just been released here a couple of days ago, and I can't wait to start buying! Like you, I love the shopping series too!
    I enjoyed reading about your thoughts and ideas! Hope you have safe travels and a good time with your relatives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for your comment! You're very right about Sylvanian food looking delicious, I hadn't noticed the blender, looks yummy indeed!
      I also find frustrating not to have space for everything I'd like to put in SF houses! I always struggle with bedrooms and bathrooms as you said.
      Thank you regarding the baby bands! Hope the shopping ones start appearing in more places around here too!
      Glad you weren't bored with my rambling, hehe! Thank you and have a great August!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)