Friday, January 11, 2019

Beechwood Hall House Tour

Hello everyone!
 
Happy New Year! :) I hope you all had wonderful holidays with your family and loved ones.

This new year I'm excited because I got the SF Calendar! I have wanted it since last year, and yesterday I finally decided to buy it. Looking forward to receiving it!

For my first post of the year, I'd like to show you how I decorated my Beechwood Hall building.
This building is special for me because my boyfriend got it for me for my birthday in 2017, and it was what made me start collecting seriously. If he hadn't bought it for me, I would probably still be admiring Sylvanians from afar, never really starting my collection.

In my village of Arcfield, this beautiful house is home to the McFarlane Bear Family, and thus, the mayor's house! I imagine it over a tall cliff, overseeing the ocean on one side and the rest of the village on the other. :) 
It really bothers me that you can see my bedroom walls in these pictures! Please use your imagination to see the beautiful blue sky and green fields that should be there in the background! :D

As you can imagine, I love dollhouses and tiny furniture, and decorating and furnishing them is one of my favourite parts of this hobby.  
Without further ado, here are the pictures!



 Overview.



The entrance and garden. Mrs Elizabeth McFarlane has quite the green thumb, and this is her favourite place of the house!



 Living room.


Dining room.


 Kitchen.


Master bedroom (little Albie's cot is just out of the picture, near the railing. You can see it in the overview pictures. :)).


 Bathroom.


Little Annabelle's bedroom.


The balcony accesible from Annabelle's bedroom. You can see more of Elizabeth's plants, and Nicholas' telescope and planisphere!

Hope you liked the house and the pictures! :)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    Happy New Year to you too!
    Congrats on getting the SF calendar! You´ll love it! I haven´t bought it this year and I don´t know if I will. Did you buy it on eBay? Are you going to write monthly post as I did last year. That would be lovely!

    I really enjoyed the tour around The MacFarlanes beautiful house! It´s not the first time I´ve seen some of these pictures but I love looking at them again.
    However,I think it´s the first time I see Annabelle´s bedroom.She has a lovely room. Are the bed and desk the new releases? Elizabeths´s garden is gorgeous.I still have this set in my Amazon basket.
    Don´t worry about not having a background. The house is so nice that it gets full attention. The last picture gives us a perfect idea of the location of the house as we can see the real sea in the background it´s easy to picture The MacFarlanes home on top of a cliff.


    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you for your kind comment! :)
      I did buy the calendar on eBay, from KobeeJapan! I'm so excited for it to arrive! I really enjoyed your monthly posts last year, so if you're OK with it, I would love to do it myself this time! :)

      I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Annabelle's bedroom is indeed new! Those are indeed the new releases. The bed is adorable, it comes with a soft, spongey mattress, and the covers are a bit longer so now Sylvanians can actually sleep comfortably in it! :) I moved the bunkbeds because Freya and Coco are going to need them in their new home! :D
      I love the garden set, I recommend it! :)

      Glad the lack of background wasn't too bad, hehe!

      Hace a nice weekend as well!

      Delete
    2. Hi Ayrell,
      I´d love to see the pictures of the new SF calendar so I think it´s an excellent idea if you write the monthly posts this time.
      I´ll be looking forward to them.



      Delete
    3. Thank you Cutata! I'll try and write them then! :) Looking forward to the calendar arriving!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell!
    I loved visiting the McFarlane's home! You did a very good job of wallpapering and decorating it! All the rooms are lovely but I think my favourite is Anabelle's room. I really like the bedspread and the little lace curtain across the window!
    The garden is also beautiful. Mrs McFarlane is a great gardener!
    I love Beechwood Hall and I would like to add it to my collection one day.
    Thanks for showing us round the McFarlane's home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you for your kind comment! :)

      I'm very happy that you liked the house and enjoyed the pictures. I also love Annabelle's room! :)
      I had a lot of fun setting up the little garden. Glad you like it as well!

      Beechwood Hall is a lovely building. It even has working lights, and it's gorgeous at night when it's light up! There isn't as much usable space as in other buildings, but I really love it.

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. You did such a great job with this house ! I almost sold mine, but finally the buyer didn't pay... and seeing yours now I no more want to sell it heehee. I just had a better look, I am missing the balcony section, it's really adding some charm to the house, and so are all the additions you made (telescope, etc). I've looked at the pictures first, before reading the text, and only then I realize there is no "background"... well, I promise if you didn't tell, I would have no see it at all LOL. You did such a great job that I was fully focused on it, and totally skipped the background ! Congrats for the calendar too ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arcadia!
      Thank you so much for your comment!
      I'm so happy that you liked my pictures and that they made you stop wanting to sell your Beechwood Hall! That's the highest praise possible! :D
      I believe there are replacements for the railing and other parts on eBay, though they do tend to be expensive.

      I'm glad that the lack of background didn't bother you too much! :)

      Thanks again!



      Delete
  4. Hi! Such a lovely house! Greetz! Pigjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pigjes! This house was my first Sylvanian building and the item that really boosted my collecting, so it holds a special place in my heart! Glad you liked the pictures. :)
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)