Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 2020 SF Calendar Picture

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!

It's 2020 already! Can you believe it? I hope you all had a wonderful year in 2019 and that 2020 is even better for you all. :)

Since it was very fun to post the SF official calendar's picture every month last year, I thought I'd keep doing it this year! If anyone else wants to take over, please do not hesitate to tell me!

About a month ago, I was lucky enough to attend a SF exhibition not far from where I live, here in Spain, and they had 2020's calendar in there! I was ecstatic!

So, here we are with the picture for January!

And we begin with an adorable one! I love how cozy all the Sylvanian look, with their cute coats and scarves, having fun in the snow! Freya and Nora are having hot chocolate inside the cutest igloo. It even has it own scarf! Reminds me of the ones Pigjes made! There's also a very cute snowman in the background, and lots of children having fun. I love Freya's little thermos, and the baby squirrel is so cute, holding the little snow figure he or she made!


Since this is the first month of the year, I thought I'd include the actual calendar part, too. Look at how cute it is! The Spanish branch Epoch team did such a great job with the design and the birthdays! 

The year just begun, but I have several ideas for blog posts already; for starters, I want to write one about the beautiful Christmas packages and cards I received from several collector friends (thank you Cutata, Berna, Amaia, and Nina!), another about the SF exhibition that I attended and mentioned above, and yet another to do a review (and possibly write a little story) featuring the Calico Critters School Bus I won in a competition of the SF Collectors Community forum (so happy and honoured!).

I also have several story ideas and SF-related projects that I'd like to work on. During the last few weeks, with my birthday being in October and Christmas more recently, I have acquired several new families and figures (I'll admit that some of those I bought myself, haha!), so I need to think of personalities, jobs and stories for them! So exciting! :) I also need to update the "Families" section!

I'm leaving for a short family trip abroad in just a couple of days though, so all that will have to be for after January 7th.

As you can see, I'm still very invested in my Sylvanian Families hobby, and I hope that you'll continue to enjoy my posts and stories. I want to thank you all once again for your kind and supportive comments, that I always look forward to reading!

 Happy New Year once again, everyone! Have a wonderful month of January. :)

12 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR, AYRELL!! :O)


    Hope you will have a pleasant and successful year and a lot of fun with your Sylvanians.

    I would like to hear more about the SF exhibition you went to. Where was it and what other items were there to look at/purchase?

    The January calendar picture is amazing. I wish I had such an adorable knitted hat for Ralfie. It looks very warm, too!

    Have a good trip and see you soon!


    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, and Happy New Year! :D
      Thank you very much for your comment!
      Hopefully I'll be able to write a more detailed post on the SF exhibition I attended in the near future! It was here in Spain, about an hour and a half away from where I live, and it was apparently the biggest ever organised in Europe! There were some exclusive items to buy too (babies).

      I love the picture for January, as well! And also wish we could buy warmer clothes for our Sylvanians!

      Thanks again and have a wonderful January!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell. What lovely calendar pictures! I agree, the baby squirrel presenting the snow creature is cute as anything! I like the actual calendar page too; I'm presuming the critter pictures relate to their birthdays. The rabbit shown on 31 January would be most welcome in Mellowdene!

    Have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,

      Thank you for your comment! I agree, the picture is lovely and the figures incredibly adorable.
      You're right, the figures appear on the day of their birthdays, and it even says their name!

      Have a great month as well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year!
    You're very lucky to have the 2020 calendar! I love the picture for January! It looks like alot of fun and all their little hats, jackets and scarves are just adorable!
    It sounds like we've got alot to look forward to on your blog this year! I always enjoy your posts, whether they are stories, reviews or calendar pictures and I hope you'll continue with your passion for years to come!
    Hope you too have a wonderful January and snuggle up nice and warm!(is it snowing where you live?)
    Safe travels for your trip! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Hope you had wonderful holidays as well! :) Thank you for your comment!
      I was delighted to find the Calendar this year! Last year I searched and searched for it but could only find it on eBay.
      I'm so happy that you enjoy my posts! I have a lot of fun writing them, too! :)
      It's now snowing here where I live (it was already pretty rare in my hometown, and even more so where I live now!) but it's still cold, warm pajamas are definitely needed, hehe!
      I got back from my trip safely, thanks again! :)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Ayrell!
    I'm glad you are going to show the calendar again, as we don't have one this year (It's not available to buy here - last year we were lucky enough to win one, but this year we will just have to enjoy seeing yours!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you for your comment! Sorry you didn't manage to find a Calendar this year. I completely understand, as it's usually the same for me in Spain!
      Hope you're safe from the wildfires in Australia!
      Have a lovely week.

      Delete
    2. And Happy New Year to you as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ayrell!
    Happy New Year!
    I love the snowy diorama of the January calendar picture. As usual, there are so many little details to look at!
    I´m happy to hear about some of your ideas for future posts. I really hope you find time and inspiration to keep sharing your projects and stories about the residents of Arcfield.I hope its population and business keep growing in 2020 but I know lack of space is a problem to fulfill this wish. I´m in the same boat ;)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Happy New Year to you as well! :)
      Thank you for your comment! I also hope to keep writing and publishing about Arcfield this year. I have lots of ideas, but lack of time and space, as you mentioned! I always look forward to your posts and stories about Sweet Berry Valley, so fingers crossed that you'll have lots of time to have fun with your Sylvanians as well! :)
      Have a great week, big hug!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)