Friday, October 9, 2020

October 2020 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

October has been with us for a few days already, so here I am with the SF official calendar's picture for this month.

And it's a Halloween-y picture, same as last year!

It's a very cheery and cute scene; we can see many babies and some children wearing Halloween costumes and having fun in a lovely, colourful playground. I believe the castle and train are both sets available to buy in the current line, and they're both very cute. I adore that huge ghost to the left; it seems like it might be a covered-up treehouse, since it has a tree with a swing. 

I also quite like the lovely autumn-y trees in the background. Where I grew up, all the leaves in the trees turned orange when the seasons changed, and I remember how they cracked under my feet when I walked to school. But where I live now there's almost no deciduous trees, and I've realised that I really miss them and their orange leaves when autumn comes around.

I have to say that I love all three costumes the older children are wearing; I'm especially fond of witches and spellcasters, and Aidan's pumpkin costume is truly adorable. I love how his bucket has a cute face, haha! 

As for the babies' costumes, Crème Chocolate is looking quite adorable in that fairy dress! I love her basket, which also has a face and ressembles a carved pumpkin. The little Walnut demon also looks quite mischievous!

October is a special month for me, since it's my birthday month and marks both the time when I started seriously collecting Sylvanian Families (three years ago, on October 19th) and my blog's anniversary (two years ago, on October 2nd). 

I know I haven't been very active in the SF community lately, but I'm doing OK and I'm still around, though mostly lurking. I've added some sets, families and even a building (the old Supermarket, which I had been wanting since I started collecting) to my collection lately, but I haven't done much with them yet. I miss my Sylvanians, but it's been a strange few months and motivation is still escaping me. That might change at any moment, though! Maybe I should get Camilla's shoe shop out, see if I feel motivated to set up a scene or two for my next story...

I hope you're all staying safe and healthy, everyone! Thank you for reading and have a wonderful week-end and month of October!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that sweet? I also like Aiden and the Walnut tiny, and that little grey Persian is cute too. Just when I was thinking I am at last reducing my collection (eBay browsing has fewer and fewer critters that tempt me) a little grey fuzzy cat makes me think, "Hmm".

    I didn't use to be a fan of autumn, associating it with rain, soggy leaves and hanging about for public transport. Shortly after learning to drive I remember driving up a tree-lined avenue. It was an autumn that hadn't been as windy as usual years, and seeing the sun tinged range of different trees, I was treated to such a wide range of wonderful greens, yellows, oranges and reds that I started to re-evaluate the season. Mind you, I wasn't wet and cold!

    I hope you have a lovely birthday. We look forward to your motivation being rekindled. Your Sylvanians will wait patiently, I'm sure!

    Keep safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson!
      Thank you for your comment!
      I'm also quite tempted by the new Persians. I like both their design and the backstories they've designed for them! They're quite fun.
      I'm glad you have a fond Autumn memory despite not being much a fan of the season in general! I get what you mean. Those trees must have been a sight to see!

      Thank you once again for your kind comment and birthday wishes! I'm sure I'll get my Sylvanian motivation back, hopefully soon! I'm looking forward to it too.

      Have a great week-end and stay safe as well!

      Delete
  2. Hello Ayrell! Thanks for sharing the October picture with us!
    Although halloween isn't celebrated all that much here (apart from in the shops!) those babies in their little costumes are adorable! I love the baby on the slide dressed as a mushroom-too cute!
    I must say that I feel the same way as you at the moment about Sylvanians-I simply don't feel motivated. I even feel a bit guilty because I've hardly given them a second thought in the last month or so. In some ways, it's strangely encouraging to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I'm hoping we can both get our motivation back sometime soon!
    And of course happy Blogiversary, as well as your anniversary for collecting Sylvanians! I really enjoy your blog and your stories are always so well thought out!
    Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelsie!

      Thank you for your comment!
      It's a similar situation as you mentioned for Halloween here in Spain. It's mostly the shops and parties, haha! Children have begun celebrating it a little too.

      I'm sorry to read that your motivation is also absent! But our Sylvanians will wait for us, and I'm sure it'll come back. I've been focusing on other things and hobbies, but I look forward to writing more about the residents of Arcfield. I have a lot of ideas, just not the will to get started on them for now!

      Thank you once again, and for the good wishes as well! I'm very happy that you enjoy my little stories. I really like yours as well, I think they embody the Sylvanian spirit perfectly, and I'm looking forward to reading more about Bluebell Oaks and its residents when you feel up to playing with your Sylvanians again! :)

      Have a great week-end!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)