Monday, May 10, 2021

May 2021 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

It's the month of May already! I hope you're all keeping well.

Today I bring you this month's picture in the beautiful calendar my friend Cutata sent to me as a Christmas gift.

And what a beautiful picture it is! It's just perfect for this month, when temperatures are just starting to get warmer in this part of the globe. The light wasn't ideal when I took the picture, so the wonderful colours aren't properly reflected. I recommend you take a look at the post in Cutata's blog where she originally posted it. Just lovely!

In this month's picture we have the Dappledawn rabbits having a lovely picnic. I absolutely love their surroundings, it looks like they really are in an idyllic Sylvanian forest! The little flowers on the ground are a wonderful touch. The picnic blanket is very cute, and I love how much food they have. It looks both delicious and healthy! I believe Cutata hand-made the lovely basket they're using, as well.

I don't own the Dappledawn family, but they look really sweet with their bent ears and soft brown colouring. I love the set with Rhianna and her grandmother. Maybe one day I'll add them to my collection. :)

I have been slowly working on a new story lately. It will feature the Woodbury bears, who first made an appearance in the second part of the story featuring the shoe shop. They are Arcfield's bus drivers, which doubles as a tiny home for them. I hope you'll enjoy it when I post it. I've been even doing some crafting for it, which I'm terrible at, haha!

Stay safe and healthy, everyone! And have a wonderful month of May.

6 comments:

  1. A lovely picture - but I'm fond of my bendy-eared rabbits as you know! I should feature my main Dappledawn family, I guess, but beyond a certain maypole dancer and grandmother Hazel in the background, only Mookie has made a proper appearance. I hope you are able to get some Dappledawns one day, but be warned - they were the first non-nautical bunnies I bought and they were the trigger for my collecting to get out of control!

    Curata's pictures are lovely, aren't they? I enjoy your sharing of them.

    I look forward to your Woodbury bears story!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,

      Thank you for your comment! I can see how the Dappledawns would be able to inspire to continue collecting; they're very charming. Your Mookie is quite the character, hehe.
      I agree, Cutata's pictures are absolutely amazing; glad you're enjoying these posts!
      Hope to be able to post the next story soon.

      Have a great week and thanks again!

      Delete
  2. As always an amazing photo done by Cutata! It's always nice to see a family gathering! Food looks delish and the background is so detailed!

    Completely agree about the Dappledawns, their color does look nice and THE BENDY EARS! Whatever happened to bent ears? I wonder if they have the same color as the Sweetpea/Milk Rabbit Family?

    The Woodbury's you featured looked great, loved their clothes and the mother's backstory. Tell her that I said she looks beautiful no matter what!

    Cheers,
    Posh Pear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Posh Pear!

      Thank you very much for your comment! I agree, Cutata's pictures are always lovely. :)
      I also agree that the bent ears on rabbit figures are very much missed. Recently Epoch has been re-releasing older items and families, so maybe they'll be back soon.

      I'll be sure to pass your kind words to Yvonne Woodbury! :)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
    2. Better keep your fingers crossed for bent ears then.🤞

      Thank you and I hope Yvonne feels confident about herself with the love and support of everyone. (Your personalities are really diversified and creative👍)

      Enjoy the afternoon!

      Delete
    3. Thank you again! So glad you think so! :)
      Have a wonderful rest of the week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)