Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Party at the McFarlane's

Hello everyone!

The Spanish branch of Sylvanian Families has organised a contest to celebrate the brand's 35th Anniversary in Facebook and Instagram. They're going to pick five winners that not only will receive some very cool prizes, but will also be considered official ambassadors for the brand in Spain!

I haven't been setting up scenes or writing too much about my Sylvanians lately because of several reasons, but this contest inspired me to do something with the McFarlanes and Beechwood Hall, my first ever family and building respectively, since both are very special to me. And so, I decided to set up some scenes of the family celebrating a party at their home.

Because of lack of space, my Beechwood Hall was sitting empty and closed on the chest of drawers in my bedroom, and I must say that I had fun playing with it once again; I kept the furniture as before and added some more details (thank you Berna for the lovely rugs and extra items!). I even put batteries on it again to enjoy how it looks with them on at night. :) 
I have to say that I had a lot a fun posing the figures and working on my entry. I had missed Arcfield's residents!

You can see my entry on my Instagram, but I also wanted to post the pictures here, in my blog. Hope you enjoy them, even if there isn't an elaborate story this time.



The McFarlanes are very busy preparing the food and drinks they will be serving during the big party they're going to be holding at their home. Mayor Nicholas, his wife Elizabeth and his daughter Annabelle are working very hard so that everything turns out perfect; in the meantime, little Albie plays with his toy hot air balloon.


Everything is finally ready for the party! The big dining room table is full of delicious food and drinks for the guests.

 
The first ones, the Chocolates, have arrived. Teri Chocolate and Elizabeth have been friends ever since they were young, so they're always happy to see each other.
Seems like the Chocolates have brought a mysterious gift. What could it be?


While the rest of guests arrive, the Chocolate siblings Coco and Freya hang out with the McFarlane children in Annabelle's bedroom.



The Red Panda family is here! Wilbur and Fliss have brought a bottle of their homemade blackcurrant wine for everyone to enjoy at the party.


Everyone has arrived and the party is already at full swing. Everyone's enjoying the delicious food and drinks, and of course, the good company.


What are some of the children doing in the meantime? Oops, seems like the Hunter-Smyth triplets, Gerald, Thomas and Georgina, are jumping on the McFarlanes' bed!


...Oh no, and little Óscar Andes is playing with the toilet! 

(fun fact: I wasn't able to add this picture to the contest entry on IG since it's only possible to upload 10 photos at once. Consider it a blog exclusive! :D).


Mystery solved! The box the Chocolates brought contained a delicious homemade cake!


 After a good meal, it's time to rest for a bit. 
"Does anyone want coffee or tea?"


Everyone helps to tidy up, and to end the party, the table and chairs are taken out, the music is turned on, and it's time to dance!

Happy 35th Anniversary to Sylvanian Families! :)

Have a great week-end, everyone!
 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely. You didn't need an elaborate story as your pictures say so much. Your settings continue to hold so many wonderful details, and all the characters seem to be engaged with one another, even in those scenes with so many Sylvanians included. I can imagine the trouble you had posing them; how many times did one fall over and cause a domino effect? Or knock a small accessory where you couldn't reach it? Tweezers at the ready, I expect!

    I didn't miss Coco and Annabelle dancing together either. As I said - you don't need an elaborate story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,

      Thank you so much for your kind comment. I had a lot of fun posing the figures, and I'm glad that the little details I tried to convey were noticed!

      Some other details that might have been missed:

      In one picture, Fliss Robinson and Molly Waters seem to be amicably talking... or are they arguing?
      Freya can also be seen near the Waters twins. Uh-oh! Potential allies or lifelong rivals?

      The figures didn't fall very many times, thankfully, but it was a bit stressful with so many small items around, haha! I did have to fix things a number of times. But that's how it is with Sylvanians! Not the most stable critters!

      Thank you once again, glad you enjoyed the post!
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell! This was a lovely story and beautiful pictures. I enjoyed reading it a second time over and looking at all the details. I particularly loved Albie's hot air balloon toy-so adorable!
    So lovely to see the couples dancing together-especially Annabelle and Coco! It was a great way to end.
    I think you stand a very good chance in the contest! Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelsie!

      Thank you so much for your comment! So happy you enjoyed the post, even if there wasn't much of a story!
      Glad you noticed Annabelle and Coco, hehe!

      Thanks again regarding the contest! There are a lot of wonderful entries so I think it'll be hard to place, but at least I had fun setting up these scenes and taking the pictures! :)

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell,
    You put so much love, care and attention to detail in each scene!
    The MacFarlane´s home looks great with the new rugs, pictures and decorative items.
    What a lively party for such special event!
    You really deserve being a sylvanian ambassador. Your stories and pictures have the essence of the Sylvanian spirit and this story is a good example.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you very much for your comment! I had a lot of fun re-decorating my dear Beechwood Hall and setting everything up to take the pictures. I had missed the residents of Arcfield! Hopefully my inspiration and will to start writing more stories about them will come back soon.
      Thank you for your kind words! I feel honoured that you think so. :) Huge congratulations once again on becoming an ambassador! I am delighted for you and Amaia, you both truly deserve it! Your amazing collections and beautiful pictures transport me to the idyllic Sylvanian world! :)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)