Monday, August 16, 2021

August 2021 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone,

I apologise as I'm quite late for this month's calendar picture! But our holidays got a bit longer than planned and we just got back home about a week ago.

Please check the beautiful picture for the month of August in the homemade calendar my friend Cutata sent to me:

Isn't this picture perfect for this month (in this part of the world, at least!)? Our favourite Sylvanian couple, Peter and Peace, are having a moment together while working at their beach bar. I can just hear the seawaves and smell the salt by looking at this picture! I adore the stand with all the tiny pieces and the couple's big beach chair. It's perfect for them with its fun colours and comfortable mattress. Peace's bikini is also very her, such a cheerful yellow!

You can see this picture and many amazing others in detail in this post from Cutata's blog.

I'm currently working on my entry for the forum contest regarding Pearl Babblebrook. I'm a bit short of time and unsure if I'll be able to make it by the deadline, but I'm going to try. I can always just post the story though. I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

I've also been trying to make some improvements to the blog. Now, when you scroll down, you'll see a leaf to the right of the page that'll take you back to the top. And in my "Families" page, I've started implementing a feature that will take you directly to each family's biography. That page is in dire need of updating, and I hope to keep working on in the weeks/months to come.

We're experiencing an awful heatwave in this part of the world. I hope you're all OK, wherever you are!

Hope the rest of the month goes well for you all!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!

    Thanks for showing us another of Cutata's wonderful pictures. Peter and Peace are indeed a very special couple and it's always heartwarming to see them living their lives together.

    The detail in Cutata's pictures is always incredible, and they're worth revisiting to spot things one missed earlier. In this one, the chocolate rabbits in the background piques my curiosity. Are they looking at something out at sea? Are they having a conversation? Suggesting that other events are occurring out of the main picture adds to the whole effect. Brillant.

    Good to hear you're doing the Pearl thing. I look forward to seeing the result! Good luck.

    Take care, especially with the heatwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson! You're right about the Chocolate rabbits in the background. Cutata has such an amazing eye for detail!
      I am indeed working on the Pearl story! The pictures are taken, I just came back from a short weekend trip and hope to finish writing it this week, before the deadline!

      Take care as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell,
    I love your comments about my calendar pictures. You write so well and say so many nice things about them!. Thanks a lot!

    I wonder what Peter and Peace are up to this summer. I guess they must be at the beach. They have to take advantadge of the summer months to make sylvas.

    I´m looking forward to reading your entry for the contest. I remember Peter mentioning his grandma´s cooking skills were far from being good. I wonder if Pearl is that bad at cooking.Sylvanian grandmas are usually very good cooks, their pies are quite popular with their grandchildren.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you so much for your comment and for the lovely calendar! It was your thoughtful gift that made these posts possible. :) I'm so happy you enjoy them!

      Peter and Peace are probably at their beach bar, as you said. But I'm sure temperatures will be getting colder soon at Sweet Berry Valley, and that they'll be able to spend many cozy afternoons together in the coming months.

      I also wonder whether Grandma Babblebrook can really be such a bad cook! I hear Freya learnt one of her recipes and passed it over to Basil Hazelwood, as you've read in my new story! :D

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. I love the picture, so bright and cheery. Unfortunately the weather has become cold for me and my family. Time to light the fire place in the Deluxe Village House, lol! The Hopscotch Rabbits will need lots of firewood. I notice Creme and Freya (I think...) in the back. Is there another Freya vs Creme calendar content coming, hehe? So far it's 1-1...

    How were your holidays? I hope you enjoyed yourself!

    Welcome back,
    Yosemite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yosemite! Thank you for your comment. :)
      I could use some cold right now, haha! It's so hot and humid these days where I live. I'm sure the Hopscotchs will be quite cozy with their fire lit in their beautiful home. :)

      Haha, I don't think I'll be doing a Freya and Crème count this year, hehe. Emily (http://sylvanian.32nz.com/), who used to post monthly calendar pictures before I did, noticed that Freya and Crème were in almost every picture and I also wanted to take note of it when it was my turn. It seems to me like the Chocolate rabbits are less omnipresent in official pictures lately though.

      My holidays were wonderful and very relaxing, thanks for asking. We're slowly trying to getting used to our routine again now!

      Thanks again and have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)