Friday, March 1, 2019

March Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

It's a new month, and here I am with the picture for March in the SF Calendar for this year.



There's a lot to see this month! This picture seems inspired by both Spring (with all the pretty flowers and soft, pastel colours) and Easter (looks like an Easter egg hunt is happening here!).

The first thing I noticed in this picture were the Marshmallow triplets. So cute! Love the little hearts in their ears. And the crib they're in is so adorable, too! They seem to have found a couple of eggs already. Can you spot some of the hidden eggs in the picture?

Love the beautiful wreath on the door at the back and the wheelbarrow full of flowers Mr Marshmallow is pushing. The sister's dresses in the back are beautiful! I really like this picture, so full of colour!

We have BOTH Freya and Crème this month, hehe! They're both holding Easter eggs and wearing beautiful pink dresses. I wish they put some more Sylvanian clothing for sale, and that they made it easier to get from countries outside Japan. Most I've seen is imported and very expensive due to shipping. Babies especially are in dire need of some better clothes!

Here in Spain we do not celebrate Easter with Easter egg hunts and such (although in the past few years chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies have begun to show up in stores for people to buy around the time of Easter). We have a very religious holiday instead, the Semana Santa (Holy Week), which this year will be in April.

Are you looking forward to Spring and Easter? How do you celebrate in your country? We are having quite the warm weather for Winter in Spain these days, and my allergies are already acting up, ack! Flowers are also starting to bloom as well, the poor things are confused!

Hope you have a great March!
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell! I know what you mean, I love this picture too, with the lovely colours and pretty clothes. The house in the background looks amazing, with the flowers round the window and the wreath on the door.
    And all those pretty eggs, too. In fact, I love everything about this picture, it is beautiful!
    We don't really do anything for Easter in particular in New Zealand, although the shops are already selling Easter eggs/bunnies etc, even though this year Easter isn't till mid-April!
    Unfortunately, March means we're on our way to winter here in NZ! This week we've had a cold snap where I live, so the villagers of Bluebell Oaks have been digging out their winter gear too! The weather here is just so interchangeable, sunny in the morning, and by the evening its freezing cold with a gusty wind! (Apologies for the unnecessary weather talk! I've been told that New Zealanders think and discuss weather more than most people in other countries!)
    Anyway, have a great March, and thanks for sharing the calendar picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for your comment. :)
      You're right about the house in the back! Looks lovely!
      The eggs are very cute too, indeed!
      Easter isn't until Mid-April here in Spain this year either, but there're also cute baskets and Easter decorative bunnies for sale in the shops as well!
      Weather has been crazy here as well! We go from cold to hot, from jackets to short-sleeved shirts in just a few hours! It's crazy!
      Have a great March as well! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell - this is such a pretty pastel picture! We have it in our calendar for April (interesting that you have your Easter picture a month early... makes me wonder what you will have next month!)
    Our calendar has a baby-centered scene this time, featuring the baby band from the blind bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit! Thanks for your comment!
      Easter isn't until mid-April here either, but the calendar is from Japan, so, who knows! :D
      I just checked and I have the baby band picture next month! Such strange changes, hehe!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    What a beautiful spring picture!
    I love the pastel colours, the flowers, the outfits and the house in the background with the wreath on the door and the flowers above the windows. Everything is lovely!
    Even though Easter is not my favourite time of the year, I´m looking forward to it.The second term at school is being too long this year not only for children but also for teachers and we really need a break. I usually go to my hometown to spend a few days with my family.I´m sure my mother will make some "torrijas". She always makes them for Holy Week and I love them.
    This year at school we are going to organize an Easter egg hunt for the children .It will be fun!
    You are right about the weather in Spain at the moment. Last week it was very warm,this week it is cold and it seems it´s going to get warm again in a couple of days.As you said , it´s crazy!
    Hope your allergies have improved.My daughter is taking some medication and she feels much better now.

    Have a great March you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      I also love this picture, it's so colourful and busy! :)
      I completely understand you regarding Easter and the second term in school. I hope times moves fast so that you get your well-deserved rest! The Easter egg hunt sounds fun, though! I wish my school had done that, hehe.
      You're right about torrijas! I'm hoping my grandmother will make some as well, hehe. We also usually go visit my family for the Holy Week.
      I'm also taking my allergy medication now and I'm much better, thanks! :)



      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)