Monday, April 1, 2019

April Calendar Picture

Hi everyone!

It's April 1st, so here I am with this month's picture in the SF Calendar.
I know that many of you celebrate April Fools' Day today, so I shall remain esceptical about news on websites for the next 24 hours, hehe!
In Spain we have a similar holiday on December 28th, the Day of the Holy Innocents.

Anyway, on to the picture!




Looks like the central theme this time is the baby band! Aww, aren't they cute?
Looks like the babies are giving a concert near the nursery. Many of their family members have come to see them.
We can see many of the new baby buildings in the background, as well as the new bus (which seems quite dangerous to me, haha!). Everything is undoubtedly adorable! I like the pastel colours, though I must admit that I'm not a very big fan of SF babies... (heresy!). There's just not much I can do with them in stories I'm afraid. I read on the SF Collector's forum that they're currently the most popular product with children, so it makes sense from a business viewpoint that Epoch would focus on them.
There's no shadow of a doubt that they're adorable, in any case!

This month we have both Freya, with a pretty blue dress, and her little sister Crème being the star of the show (of course, haha!).

These babies holding instruments are part of a blind band set released a few months back. There's also another series now related to shopping. Are you collecting these?



I haven't been collecting them so far, but I've got to admit that lately I've been wanting to get a blind bag from a cute franchise, and what better than my beloved Sylvanian Families? I've asked my mother to get me one of these bags (she lives near a physical store that sells them) and I'm looking forward to seeing what I get. :)
I also quite like the objects that come with the baby shopping series! They seem very useful, specially the cash register, and I also love the pop-corn, the eggs, the bottle... Haha, this could be hard on my wallet if I ever see these on a shop. :D

It seems like from July we will get a new series focusing on the outdoors:



That little koala with his bag is the cutest!
I hope you have a great April. It seems like just recently I was posting the picture for January, and now it's almost time for Easter. Time flies!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    This is a lovely picture! It looks so colourful! Sylvanian babies must be delighted with the new nursery series.They have so many places to have fun!Even though I like sylvanian babies I don´t think I will buy any of the new nursery sets. I already have the forest nursery and the nursery bus and that´s enough for my village.
    The baby band looks really cute! I haven´t seen any of these blind bags in physical stores but I´m looking forward to finding a toy shop that sells them.I like the baby band series but I find the baby shopping series adorable. I would love to open one of these bags and find the red deer baby in the purple outfit with that cute car shaped trolley.The accessories are really cute and useful, as you said.
    I agree with you that the baby koala with the backpack is the cutest of the outdoors series.
    Do you know if the blind bags are available in "El Corte Inglés"? I haven´t been in a physical store for a long time so I don´t know where I can find them.

    Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you very much for your comment!
      I believe the only physical shop that's selling these blind bags is indeed El Corte Inglés. They have them on their website (at least the baby band ones). My mum and dad live near a El Corte Inglés store and even though they didn't have any bags at the time, they brought them at their request. I'm going to see my family when Semana Santa comes, so I'll find out what I'll get then, hehe!
      I hope they also bring the shopping and outdoors ones!

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I have been so tempted by the Sylvanian blind bags. This is the first time I've seen the shopping series and the outdoor ones. Yes the koala with the bag- squee - so sweet! I will have to look out for these now!! PS where did you get your calendar from- I didn't get one with the club this year - was gutted. Hopefully will get one next year as those happy little faces really cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!
      Yes, the babies from the blind bags are so adorable! :D I will know which one I got this week!
      I got the calendar from eBay, from an excellent seller called KobeeJapan.
      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)