Thursday, April 25, 2019

Pizza delivery!

Hi everyone! Happy belated Easter!

I'm a bit early for this fortnight's challenge, as I'm going to be busy and traveling the next few days.
Here's the prompt: 

Challenge #8: Advertising and Commercials

To continue with the Television and Radio theme, let’s focus on the one thing we can never escape from when watching any sort of entertainment: advertisements and commercials!

How does advertising fit in to your village? There are all sorts of ways to advertise: a sign for a shop , a help-wanted ad in the newspaper, an ad in the personals section, or even a stop motion television commercial!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Advertisement and Commercials theme!  


Just a simple project this time. I made a newspaper ad for the bakery owned by the Spinellis.
Template from here: https://www.presentationmagazine.com/editable-old-newspaper-template-4520.htm

 
(You should be able to click on the image to make it bigger).

Hope you like it!

--

On an unrelated note, I visited my relatives for the Easter holidays and my mother gave me the two blind bags (baby band set) she had bought for me. I got the toy poodle baby with the accordion and the yellow labrador baby with the xylophone. So cute! I had been hoping for the tuxedo cat baby though... Oh well. Maybe I'll get another bag if I see them in a store. 

I have updated the "Links" section on the blog with some more Sylvanian websites. :) And I need to update my "Families" page with the Chocolate Labradors. Hopefully I'll get a chance soon.

Hope you're all doing great!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Ayrell! Great job on this challenge, I love the newspaper article idea.
    Yum! I want to try some of the Spinelli's pizza. It sounds delicious!
    Congratulations on the two blind bag babies! I am absolutely smitten with that black tuxedo baby in the shopping series blind bags! He is toooo cute! He would fit in so well with my tuxedo family...they would love a new baby!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsie!

    Thank you so much, glad you liked the newspaper ad!
    I also was craving pizza after finishing it, hehe!
    I completely agree with you regarding the black tuxedo baby. I love him! I want to get this family at some point. :)
    Great week-end to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    What a great article! Lovely layout! No doubt the Spinellis would be busy making and delivering pizzas from now on. If I were a Sylvanian I would make an order straight away.
    Alonzo Macavity and his wife Cassandra, the owners of the pizzeria in Sweet Berry Valley, have read the article and they would love to meet The Spinellis. I´m sure Alonzo and Anthony would have a lot to talk about.
    As for the blind bags,you got two really cute figures. I spent the Easter break in my home town and I was on the search of these bags but there was no luck. I went to El Corte Inglés and the shop assistant I asked, hadn´t heard of the blind bags at all. The same happened to me at a toy shop that had a great selection of Sylvanians on its shelves. I saw the Alapacas in person! I love them even more!
    Hopefully the blind bags would be available at some stage. It would be a great "surprise" to find them at a store.

    I have the Tuxedo baby but just the figure. I got the Tuxedos at Christmas but they´re still in their box.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad you like the article!
      I would also make an order from them for sure! :D
      Carmela and Anthony would be delighted to meet Alonzo and Cassandra. I'm also certain they would get along quite well and they could share tips about running their businesses!

      So sorry you didn't manage to find any blind bags! When my parents went to El Corte Inglés they had pretty much the same reaction from the shop assistant. They had to ask them to bring the bags to the store. The official Spanish Sylvanian account mentioned in their IG that many people were asking about them and that they weren't available in kiosks, that we had to ask our local toy shops. I have gone to many toy shops and there weren't any, haha! I believe The Corte Inglés website has them in stock if you want to buy from there though. :)
      The Tuxedos are so lovely! I want to get them at some point as well. Love the twins with their differently-coloured ears and the baby that is all black! So cute.

      Have a great week-end as well!

      Delete
  4. A splendid idea to advertise using a newspaper review, Ayrell. I'll have to check if the other Mellowdene residents want to receive The Forest Times - it will make a nice change from their local periodical! And congratulatins to the Spinelli's on such a good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson! Glad you liked the article. I'm sure that the Mellowdene residents will be interesting in receiving the newspaper, I hear it's a great source of news!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)