Saturday, September 28, 2019

Autumn is here!

Hello everyone!

This fortnight's challenge prompt in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community was:


Challenge #18: Welcome, Autumn!

Everyone in Sylvania is beginning to sense the change of seasons. The end of summer is near. Goodbye to pool parties, hot days, and green trees; hello to cosy days, warm autumn treats, cool weather, and brilliant reds and oranges as the trees change colors.

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to do something creative around the Welcome Autumn theme!


As mentioned in this fortnight's prompt, it is now Autumn where I live! Even though we had a few cool days, it's been quite hot again lately so I'm not feeling the season just yet! 

My schedule has been a bit crazy lately so I knew I'd only have time to take a picture for this challenge. I chose the Robinsons as I find their colours quite autumnal, don't you think? :D




When summer ends and the temperatures get colder, Fliss Robinson likes to take a walk in the woods surrounding Arcfield and enjoy the autumnal colours. She's brought her youngest daughter, Cali, with her.

 "Look, mommy! What a big pinecone!"
"Oh, it sure is!" Fliss wonders if they've set foot into a magical part of the forest. The village is known for having unusual-sized trees in the forest that surrounds it, after all! (Remember the huge tree trunk everyone danced on during the Spring Festival? :D)
"Do you think this is the Great Pinecone that fell on our land and created life?"
Fliss chuckles and looks at her little daughter, quite surprised.
"The Great Pinecone? But whoever told you that, my darling?"
"Freya did!" Cali says, smiling widely.

--

I do wonder if Freya made that up or if someone told it to her! :D

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!

    I love this picture. The natural aspects go so well with the Robinsons, and the background is lovely. The inclusion of a "magic part of the forest" is a nice idea, and the Great Pinecone creating life is an imaginative concept which I find intriguing. How did it do this? Can Freya tell us more? Hmm!

    I hope you're having a nice weekend. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson! The Robinsons seemed the obvious choice for the picture, as their colours are so autumnal! I also wonder about the Great Pinecone! I'll have to investigate...
      Thanks again, have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Aw... so cute! Haha, the Great Pine cone! Interesting story... I wonder if Freya just made it up or if it's true (which would be amazing!) Such a cute picture! I love the story! Great job and happy Autumn,
    Emilie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emilie! I'm glad you liked the picture and the mini story. :) I also wonder whether Freya made the story up!
      Have a great Autumn!

      Delete
  3. Great picture Ayrell! It certainly seems very autumnal! You're right, the Robinsons have perfect colours to match autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsie! Love this family! :)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvie, glad you like the picture! I agree! :)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ayrell!
    The picture is lovely! Perfect choice of colours to create an autumnal scene. The short story is great! It adds a magical touch to the forest.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you so much! I'm very happy you liked the picture! The Robinsons' colours are quite autumnal, hehe!
      Have a great day!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)