Sunday, September 1, 2019

September Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

Believe it or not, it's a new month already! Summer is nearing its end here in Europe and I must admit I'm ready for the temperatures to go down.
Today I changed the page on my SF Calendar, and here's the picture for September!


This month we have the village's children (and baby Crème) having fun in what looks like a cabin or treehouse in the woods. Looks like they had a treasure hunt and actually found the treasure! I love the little binoculars and rolled-up map, as well as the canoe in the back and the fishing rod and bucket to the right. Aidan Osborne is shown eating, as usual, haha! I love this month's picture with all the greenery (wish they sold all those diorama props!) and fun atmosphere!
This month we have both Freya and Crème!

There's been a few updates to my collection lately! I buy small sets almost every month, but for this post I'm going to mention the most destacable purchases I made recently.

First of all, as I mentioned last month, I managed to complete the baby band blind bag set:


My cousin in Madrid managed to find blind bags for both the shopping and outdoors sets, so I asked him to buy me two of both. :) I also got a shopping bag with my most recent order from SSK. With said order I also got the Scrumptious Sandwiches set, along with what looks like most of the pieces from a lovely Tomy copper kitchen utensils set. They've got them for sale really cheaply in their Spare Parts and Accesories section! Fliss Robinson will be happy to add them to her kitchen tools.

There's more! A collector friend from Spain, Berna (Alcalá de Sylvanian in the SF Collectors Community forum) sold me her Beechwood/Willow Hall extension. I'm so happy about this! I had been looking for this small building for a long time.


Berna sent a lovely surprise for me along with the building. Two adorable vintage Waters Beavers child figures! I love them to bits and have already thought of a personality, background and names for them, haha! I now need more beavers in my collection! They're so adorable! Thank you so much, Berna!

I find this little building incredibly versatile. I will be able to use it as the shoe shop for Camilla Hunter-Smyth (and other shops as needed), a small bachelor pad for Christopher Spinelli, and even an extension to my Beechwood Hall home (which will finally have a proper bathroom with a bathtub, haha!). :D

And finally, I bought the Brick Oven Bakery Gift set!

I try not to get too many big buildings, as I am very limited by space in my small apartment, but I've been wanting the bakery for a very long time, and my Spinellis needed their work space, so here we are! When I saw this gift set, which included more figures and that amazing extra floorplan (it has tiles on one side and stones on the other, it will be very useful to make scenes!) I just had to buy it. My excuse was that it was my birthday present for myself (my birthday is in October, haha!) but my mother actually offered to get it for me, so I'm also quite happy about that! :) I thought this was an older set but I saw it on the Coming Soon section of the SSK website, so maybe it isn't! I bought it from a Spanish seller in eBay. I absolutely love the building with all its details and all the adorable pieces of bread!

As you can see, my collection has grown quite a bit these past few weeks! I should stay away from shops for a while, haha, but as you know, Sylvanians are quite difficult to resist.
I have a lot of ideas for future stories and pictures, and hope to be able to keep sharing them with you all! :) I am currently working on Bluebell Cottage, the Alpacas' home!

Hope you have a wonderful month of September!

11 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute calendar picture. I wish they sold all those props, too! It would be a lot of fun to use them in our scenes!!

    Congratulations on the bakery! It sounds like a lovely purchase, and I hope to add that to my collection, too, one day. Happy extremely early birthday, since you mentioned it in your post, then... I guess I'll be sending more birthday wishes in a month from now!! Haha!

    Have a great September, Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, and I forgot to congratulate you on your new Beavers children, the bind bags, and the adorable little building. Hope everything goes well with that, too!

    Emilie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie! Thank you very much for your comments.
      I also wish they sold the props they use, it would be great!
      The bakery is lovely, I absolutely adore it. I have wanted it for a very long time and it didn't disappoint! I definitely recommend you add it to your collection. :)
      Thank you for the extremely early birthday wishes, haha! It's still a while away, as you said. It's on October 19th.
      Thanks as well for the congrats on my new purchases! I'm very happy about those!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    I love this month calendar picture, as always, but what I really enjoyed was seeing all the new additions to your collection.
    It´s lovely to see all the babies from the band series together. I´ve just realized I didn´t take a picture of mine yet.
    I´m looking forward to seeing what you got in the blind bags your cousin bought for you.
    Thanks for the info about the spare parts and accessories at SSK. I haven´t searched their site in a while. I must have a look. The cooper kitchen set is really nice.
    I knew you wanted to get Beechwood Hall extension for a long time and it was really kind of Berna offering it for sale.I´m really happy for you! I can imagine you were over the moon when you found the two little beavers as well. I love this family.Hope to see them in your future stories. It´s great you have thought of their bios and names already!
    The brick oven bakery gift set is wonderful! The bakery itself is a lovely building. It has so many cute accessories but the extras are fantastic. Having an extra floor comes always very handy. I love the brown garden chairs,table and lamp. They´re not easy to have unless you have this gift set.
    Enjoy all these new additions!
    Can´t wait to see them feature in your next entries!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed the post. I always love seeing what new things people get for their collections so I thought it'd be fun to tell you all about the items I got for mine!

      The baby band is so adorable when put together! I'm also looking forward to seeing what's in those blind bags but it'll be a few weeks before I'm able to have a look at them. Hopefully my parents can bring them when they next come visit.
      I'm looking forward to receiving the copper kitchen utensils! :) I was definitely over the moon when I got Berna's building and lovely gifts. Those little beavers are so adorable!
      I'm also in love with my new bakery! All those little breads and pastries are just delightful. Looking forward to using it on a photoshoot!
      Thanks again and hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on all your lovely new things, Ayrell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, GreyRabbit, and thank you for reading as well! :) Have a nice week!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on all your new things Ayrell! You're so lucky to have completed the baby blind bag set!
    The calendar picture is lovely! I wish I could shrink down and join them; it looks like alot of fun and a beautiful place!
    Have a lovely September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for your comment! I'm very happy about the baby band, I didn't mean to collect them but ended up doing it and they're so cute!
      I agree about the calendar picture! I love this one!
      Have a great September as well!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ayrell.

    Lovely acquisitions. The baby band are cute. I've stopping myself buying any more blind bags (I succumbed and bought three, but I think that should be it) as I couldn't explain a glut of tinies in Mellowdene! That said, your little cuties are tempting!

    A bakery is a lovely building to have. I've not yet featured my watermill bakery in any stories, but it's only a matter of time. It will be great to see how your stories develop with your bakery!

    I love the Waters beaver family, so it is great to see them as an addition to Arcfield. They seem to glow with happiness - maybe it's their toothy smiles! It's probably a reason why my Water's children are a touch mischievous!

    Enjoy the rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jackson for your comment!
      I completely understand regarding the blind bags. At first I only wanted to get one or two but ended up completing the collection! I was lucky with the actual bags and bought around 4 or 5 without getting any repeats. The rest I bought from other collectors.

      Looking forward to seeing your bakery in a story! I love Watermill Bakery with its lovely wheel.

      I also get the feeling that my beaver children will be quite mischievous. They're adorable!

      Have a great week-end!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)