Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Sylvanian costumes and birthday gifts

Hello everyone!

This fortnight's challenge prompt in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community was:


Challenge #20: Costumes and Fancy Dress

Halloween is eagerly anticipated by children and adults alike in Sylvania! Apple bobbing, scary stories, and candy are all well-loved Halloween traditions, but more than anything, Sylvanians look forward to showing off their costumes.

Vintage wear, historical figures, popular characters, elaborate fashions, traditional legends and more all make for excellent costume opportunities. Costumes can be beautiful, scary, silly, simple, elaborate, surprising, mysterious - whatever you like!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to do something creative around the Costumes theme!



I was feeling a bit drained after my last (and quite long) story, so just a simple picture from me this time:


  
Babies and children like to wear costumes for the Autumn festival in Arcfield. We have here a princess, a mummy and a little ghost! One of the Waters beavers babies is hiding under that blanket, and I hear that Molly Waters is not too pleased; her oldest twin sons might or might have not made a costume for their baby sister out of a perfectly useful bed blanket...

I made the mummy and ghost costumes by following Mimi's tutorial: http://ashmimi.com/language/en/2015/10/ ... t-baskets/


As you know, last October 19th was my birthday. I received quite a lot of Sylvanian-related presents, I'm delighted!

As you know, back in August I got the gift set for Brick Oven Bakery. As my birthday got closer and on the actual day I also received:

- The Tuxedo cat family (which I had been wanting for a long time, love them! I already had two Tuxedo babies from the blind bags, so that works out great!).
- The Chihuahua family (I adore them, so cute in person!).
- The Splashy Otters with their adorable babies (they're just the cutest!).
- The Fruit Cart.
- The Juice Bar with Betty Blackberry (which complements the fruit cart nicely!).

As you can imagine, I'm quite pleased! Looking forward of thinking of biographies and stories involving my new figures and sets.


I am also happy to report that I received a birthday card from the official SF fanclub! Last year I never got it, so I'm glad to have received it this time.
It's gorgeous and looks a bit like a pop-up book. Here are some pictures. Isn't it adorable? 
It's made to look like the new version of Beechwood Hall, or Red Roof Country Home.



 

That's it from me today. Hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    Such cute costumes (and they look great on the adorable babies, who must love the costumes you made for them! I agree, Mimi's tutorials never disappoint, do they?) and phenomenal card! Happy belated birthday! Hope you have a great day!
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie!
      Thank you very much for your kind comment and the birthday wishes! :)
      Mimi's tutorials are truly great; I'm not very crafty, but they helped me make the costumes for this photo, hehe!
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell!
    First of all, happy late birthday! I hope you had a lovely day! Also, lucky you, getting that lovely card and all those presents! I'm looking forward to reading their biographies and watching them appear in stories!
    Well done on those costumes! They're adorable! And you're so lucky to have two tuxedo babies! I'm going to buy my first shopping blind bag soon and fingers crossed I'll get him!
    Have a nice wekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you very much for your comment and the birthday wishes! I've been very spoiled this year, I'm delighted with all my presents!
      Thank you as well regarding the costumes, so glad you liked them! I have the Tuxedo baby that's completely black (love him!) from the shopping bags and the sitting one that's black and white from the baby band bags. Crossing my fingers that you get one as well!
      Have a nice day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell! Lovely costumes. The mummy outfit is great, and I had to smile when I read of how the beaver baby sourced his costume. Why do the Waters children make one think of mischief?!
    The birthday card is beautiful. I'm not surprised you were delighted. A lovely addition to your haul of presents indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,
      Thank you very much for your comment, glad you liked the costumes and the little text! The Waters children sure seem mischievous!
      The card is very nice indeed, I was very pleased to receive it this year.
      Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)