Sunday, October 6, 2019

Bluebell Cottage (Riverside Lodge) House Tour

Hello everyone!

 Last year, when I bought my Cedar Terrace in eBay, I saw that the seller was also offering a Bluebell Cottage/Riverside Lodge for a very good price, so I ended up buying the two (and saving on shipping!).
It was missing the stairs (which I never use anyway), a railing and the sign on front.

I adore Bluebell Cottage! This little house is adorable with its soft pastel colours and unusual design. It does come with its challenges when it comes to actually using it though; as it's quite small and comes with fixed pieces (the beautiful stove in the living room), I found it quite difficult to wallpaper (please excuse any mistakes you might see) and furnish, as not much fits.

I've been working on it for the past few weeks, and here's the result! 

In Arcfield this is the home of the Alpaca family, the Andes.



This is an overview of the house as it sits on my shelf. If you're familiar with the building, you will probably notice a couple of changes; originally, the area where I put the kitchen is open, as is the area where I put the children's bedrooms (you can see the original balcony railing in there). I closed the opening with a cardboard piece and made a little floor structure that I put in the top floor to add a little more usable space to the building (it's where the baby's crib is).

Credit goes to my boyfriend, who helped me adjust and cut the cardboard and gave me the idea for the extra area! This "room" is a piece of rectangular foam (I got it from the box where my cellphone's cover came in) glued to a piece of cardboard and wrapped in a light brown soft material, similar to felt but smoother. You'll see it more clearly in the pictures below.




Living and dining room area.

As Rick Andes is the town's doctor, the family has a telephone so that he can be easily reached if there's an emergency (though, since he's usually out doing his rounds on his bicycle during the day, that's not always so easy!). 
His wife Ariadna is a popular dressmaker, and she's always working on some project!
Ariadna also loves flowers, which is why all of her wallpapers have flowers on them, and her daughter's called Fiorella!
  


 Kitchen area.


 W're now at the top floor. Here's Rick's and Ariadna's bedroom.




And these are Fiorella's and baby Óscar's bedrooms.
In the bottom picture you can see more clearly the floor piece I made. It's really soft!

And that's it! It's a small, yet very cute home. It was challenging but I'm pretty happy with the end result, it turned out better than I thought it would. :) 
Hope you all like it as well!

Here are some extra pictures of the family in their home!






Have a wonderful day!
 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    I loved your latest post! you did a wonderful job on the house, the Andes family looks very happy to live in such a cozy, sweet place!
    The extra floor space was absolutely brilliant. The soft material and the cardboard seem to match the original balcony completely, and I could hardly notice a difference. Great job like always! I look forward to reading more of your entries and learning about the adorable Andes family!

    Have a great week!
    Emilie and the Maples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilie!
      Thank you so much for your comment! I sure hope the Andes are happy in their home, I worked pretty hard on it, hehe!
      I'm glad you liked the house and the little changes I made. I'm pretty fond of the floor extension myself, it's so soft to the touch! Like a very soft carpet. :)
      Hope to feature the house in a post soon!
      Have a great week as well. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie!
      Thank you very much, I'm very happy you like it! :)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, Ayrell! Your alterations are so clever, and I love Oscar's little room. The Andes family is lucky to have such a pretty, cosy home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you, glad you like it! I'm quite fond of Oscar's room myself!
      Thanks again, have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell!
    Lovely job on the Andes' home! All the details are really neat and Oscar's bedroom is so cute!
    I love the cushions on the chairs in the lounge. Did Ariadna make them herself? They're super cute!
    Also, I was wondering where you got the sewing machine from? I've seen similar ones on Ali Express, but held back from buying them because I was unsure if they would be the right size for Sylvanian Families.
    Thanks for sharing! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you kindly for your nice comment! I'm very happy you like how the house turned out! :)
      I'm pretty sure Ariadna might have made everything that's made of fabric in the house! She loves sewing and knitting even outside her work projects! :)
      Both the cushions and the sewing machine are from Aliexpress. Here's a link! https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32764733579.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59b863c0rXO31l
      I like this shop (LunaDore) because they actually put Sylvanians next to their miniatures in the preview photos, haha!
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ayrell!
    Bluebell Cottage is a lovely house but a real challenge to furnish and wallpaper. You did an amazing job on both! The wallpaper you chose makes the house look really nice and bright.Covering the back and adding an extra floor are very clever ideas to make the most of the small space. You managed to fit all the neccesary for a family of four to feel comfortable.
    If I ever redecorate this house for one of my families I´ll copy some of your ideas, if you don´t mind.
    I love very single corner of the Ande´s home.It feels so warm and cosy!
    Well done,Ayrell! I´m sure the Andes are really happy to live in Bluebell Cottage.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you very much! It means a lot to me that you liked my version of Bluebell Cottage, since I adored the way you decorated it for the Chocolate Grandparents! :)
      Please, copy away! I don't mind at all, hehe! Looking forward to seeing your new version of this adorable little house.
      I sure hope the Andes are happy in their home as well, since I love them! They're so cute!
      Have a wonderful day as well! Thanks again!

      Delete
  6. This gives me great inspiration to add a top loft in mine! Great tip! Thanks! Pigjes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pigjes!
      Thank you very much for your comment!
      I'm so happy you enjoyed the pictures and that they inspired you! This house is very small so I had to get creative, hehe!
      Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)