Wednesday, February 9, 2022

February (and January) 2022 Calendar Picture!

Hello everyone!

We have already left the first month of the year behind, and here we are in February 2022.

I know I said that since I didn't have a calendar this year I would just upload some of my favourite pictures and update family biographies in my monthly posts, but I have a surprise for you all: I do have the official calendar now! My wonderful boyfriend, Marcos, got it for me during January. So I can now keep posting the monthly calendar pictures! 

Before posting the picture for February, I wanted to show you the calendar's cover as well as the pictures for December 2021 and January 2022. There's a fun game included with the calendar this year; for every picture (the cover included) there's objects and Sylvanians to find! I'll upload what you need to look for each month here as well. :)

Cover:

December 2021:


January 2022:

 

 And February 2022:


Such lovely pictures so far! Very dynamic and full of details and Sylvanians interacting with each other. :)

For this month, looks like we have the ponies' hair salon. This image instantly made me feel happy, so much colour! My photos really don't do these pictures justice. I love the Persian cat relaxing in the background, hehe! And all the accessories in the table to the left as well.

What do you think about Serafina and her daughter Sally, will they be moving to your village? I must admit they are growing on me, although I'm not sure about the brushable hair, haha. I do love the blond braids Sally has on this month's picture though. I like the concept of a hair salon, but I wish the colours were more neutral. I do love pastel colours but it might be a bit too much for Arcfield, hehe!

I thought the new Persian cats were slowly starting to replace the Chocolates in the official pictures, but Freya and Crème still are in every one of these so far, haha!

I hope you have a wonderful month of February. Stay safe and healthy!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell!
    It was very sweet of Marcos to give you this calendar. I can imagine your surprised face when you saw it.
    I´m glad you got it because that means we´ll be able to see the monthly pictures one more year.
    There´s always so many things and details to look at in these pictures!
    The picture for this months is lovely.I like the pastel colours and all the accessories. The ponies haven´t grown on me yet.I don´t dislike them as much as I did when I first saw them but I don´t think they´ll move to live to Sweet Berry Valley. I´ll never say never... I know myself and maybe they´ll end up being part of my collection in a few months´ time,
    Hope you also have a wonderful rest of the month!
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you very much for your comment and your kind words. :)
      I was delighted when I got the calendar! Marcos is so thoughtful. :) The picture for this month really is lovely, my photo doesn't do it justice at all. I am mostly in the same boat as you regarding the ponies (including the possibility that I will get them after all, haha!)
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell! Thank you for sharing these pictures with us! I'm glad you got the new calendar as I do enjoy these monthly posts from you!
    I love the cover picture- so adorable! You're right, the Persian cats are making many appearances! Maybe it would be nice if they introduce a little more variation in the pictures?
    I'm not sure about the ponies...I admit that they're cute, but to me it feels like getting too close to My Little Pony, and I think Sylvanians should remain unique from these other brands. I've also been wondering how the new pony family is supposed to fit in considering the cart horses from previous sets, like the Farmer's Cart or Gypsy Caravan...It could be a little awkward!
    Very interesting all the same to see the latest pictures! Have a great February too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you very much for your comment, glad you enjoy the monthly posts!
      I agree with you regarding the ponies. The brushable hair part is quite strange for Sylvanians, isn't it? And there's the thing with the old ponies, indeed!

      Thanks again and have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet gift, Marcos must be an awesome boyfriend. Thank you for posting the January and February photos, they look great. The winter scene is full of action and the "snow-critter" in the back is a sign of how much fun the children must be having. I like the switch in themes for February, it's usually romance with Stella and William (they are a great couple), but seeing the fancy salon is a nice change. I'm also on the fence about the Manely's, I wish there were a father and brother (with mohawks lol). They're growing on me too, I always loved brought cheery colors, but the brush able hair is different. I do have a strong opinion on the green wig Freya is wearing, I don't really like it. I prefer to original bunnies, without wigs.

    Also, I found all the items in the photos! That was such a fun activity. I even shared it with Ali and my brother, who adored these calender pictures.

    Take care,
    Posh Pear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Posh Pear!

      Thank you very much for your comment, glad you liked the pictures! I agree with you about them and now I also want a father and son pony with mohawks, haha, such a great idea! I'm with you regarding the green wig too, hehe.

      Glad you had fun finding the items with your siblings! :) I think it's a cool new thing to do each month with the calendar pictures.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell!

    Thanks for sharing the calendar pictures. The extra dimension of finding Sylvanian accessories/figures is fun. Great details as we would expect. I think the winter sports pic is my favourite. I've not gathered any enthusiasm for the hairy ponies, although to be fair - the face shapes are quite nice.

    I see what you mean about the new Persians being on the front row. I've bought most of them (not the titchy triplets yet) so I suppose I should think how to include them in a story. The queue is a long one, haha!

    Have a great month and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thank you very much for your comment! I agree that the incentive of looking for the items each month is a great idea.
      The new Persians are a very lovely family. I fully recommend getting the three newborns as they are the cutest, haha! I should also think about how to introduce mine in the Arcfield stories. They seem to have more a predefined personality than other recent families so we'll see!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I agree with Jackson on the ponies: I quite like their face shape, but the hair puts me off (as Kelsie said, it's so My Little Pony). I must say though, I would take a pony any day rather than have the rabbits and cats wearing wigs. Oh dear, the whole wig thing is just... well, let's say "not to my taste" and leave it at that, hmmm? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you for your comment!
      Haha, I agree with you on both accounts. That green wig really is something else. :D
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)