Monday, March 7, 2022

March 2022 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone,

We're in March already, Spring is rapidly approaching in my part of the world (and my allergies are noticing it too, ack!) and here I am with this month's picture in the official SF Calendar, along with the items we need to look for this time:


This month, as usual, we have a colourful picture! It looks like a nursery scene, specifically during a health check day! I understand that in Japan these yearly medical checks are done at the school, so that must be what this picture is representing. We can see the teacher, Mrs Periwinkle, measuring the babies' height in the background,  there's a scale for weighting, and even an eyesight test taking place!

I like this picture; the scene might be a little unusual but it's quite original and shows something that happens every year for Japanese children. All those babies in their kindergarten uniforms are quite adorable, too! And I love the decoration and the drawings on the wall above the little piano. I've been meaning to write a story featuring the kindergarten for a while now (my friend Berna generously gifted me the building quite some time ago!), hope I'll be able to get to it soon.

I also wanted to show you my entry for February's Sylvanian Photo Challenge in the forum. The theme was "Your favourite colours":

Mr and Mrs Diggory are experts at making tunnels and underground chambers. It's what they have been doing all their lives, and, up until now, they have always lived underground. Recently, however, their tunnels have led them to an area full of oversized roots, and those roots led them to the surface, to a forest full of huge trees and plants. They're quite curious about this plant that's growing right inside a tree trunk. I wonder if they'll find the little Sylvanian village right next to the mysterious forest...?

You might be wondering where my favourite colours are in this picture. Well, I like blue and yellow! :D

I wasn't sure what kind of picture to take or what family to feature for this prompt, and when I saw my new moles, dressed in their colourful outfits, I knew it had to be them. Love this family!

I hope you have a wonderful month of March. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell! It's so great to hear from you, over here in sunny California, it's not very sunny. We recently had some rain (just in my area, not in the whole California) The weather isn't what I would call spring with the sun and the birds, but we're getting there. Today was sunny with some winds.

    I like this month's calendar picture a lot, the plentiful babies steal the show. I like how they're positioned, as if they are in the middle of a conversation. The height measuring machine looks like a cool toy to actually have in a Sylvanian village. I also found all the hidden objects! I did notice that the uniforms aren't the typical blue ones, perhaps it's a hint that the babies are getting older so they have new uniforms.

    I am excited about your nursery story, it sounds interesting and the nursery is a great building! Your favorite color photo is very pretty. The plant on top of the log looks cool and you totally captured the look from the Diggory's faces.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Posh Pear!
      We have had a lot of rain here recently as well, but it's finally sunny today! I hope the winds have stopped in your part of California and that you're enjoying some good weather today.

      I agree with you regarding the positioning of the babies, it's great to see Sylvanians interacting with each other. The uniforms are very cute indeed and I appreciate that they're different.

      I'm also looking forward to writing my nursery story, but first, there's the sleepover one I keep procrastinating on, haha! I actually finished taking the pictures for it this week, so I hope to write and publish it soon. :)

      So happy you liked the picture with the moles, too! They're so adorable!

      Thank you very much for your comment and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing Ayrell, this month's picture is very cute! It's adorable to see all the babies receiving a check up.
    I also love your picture of the moles including your favourite colours - blue is my favourite colour too! Your moles look lovely with their sweet clothes and shiny black fur. I hope we'll see them again if they continue to venture out of their burrows and into the light! :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsie! Glad you liked the picture and the post. :)
      I do love these black moles and I hope they decide to keep venturing outside and maybe make it to the village at some point! :)

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the calendar picture. They are always so busy and full of things to see (and find, now!) with March bringing a novel slant to the tradition.

    Your moles look so curious! I'd like to eavesdrop upon them!

    Having enjoyed your sleepover story I'm now anticipating your nursery tale. What will the tinies be doing? Haha!

    'Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson,

      Thank you for your comment! I'm glad you like this month's picture. I do, too! I think they had a good idea with the searching items activity. Their pictures are always so full of detail, it gives even more reason to look at everything carefully!

      The Diggory couple are curious indeed! They had never seen such big plants; the forest next to Arcfield is magical and huge. Hopefully they'll want to explore a bit further and reach the village next time!

      I'm glad you're looking forward to the next story! I wonder what the little ones will be doing in it myself, haha. I suspect it'll be one of those instances where I set up the building, get out the furnishings and figures and just let the ideas and scenes come to me! I do have a basic concept of what I'd like to do but not much more for now.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)