Tuesday, May 10, 2022

May 2022 Calendar Picture

Hello everyone!

April has come and gone and we're already in May! So here I am with this month's picture in the Sylvanian Families official calendar:

And we have a busy scene in Town! I believe this building is the Japan-exclusive Royal or Grand Hotel. It might also be the last building in the Town series, which I believe has (strangely, due to its popularity) been discontinued.

Like most of the newer buildings, the hotel seems to have a lot of lovely engraving and details. Love the shape and colours of the roof as well. The Sylvanians in this pic are impeecably dressed, and we have lots with lots of activity all around. I absolutely love all the little details in this picture.

Are you a fan of the Town series? How do you feel about it ending? While I do like the aesthetic and feel of the Town, I haven't bought any buildings from it, as I lack the space and I prefer the village/woodland setting. I do have a few sets though, such as the chocolaterie. :)

I have been adapting well to my new job, but I sadly haven't had much time to devote to Sylvanian projects. I look forward to seeing yours, though!

Have a wonderful week and stay safe and healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ayrell, and thanks for sharing another lovely picture.

    The building is impressive here, and the tooling on the exteriors makes them look special. Like you, space for storing buildings is an issue for me, and I haven't any town buildings. The village/woodland settings are a preference to me too, and with two small exceptions I limit myself to functional shops & businesses rather than houses.

    It's a shame for collectors that the town series is ending. I hope the replacements are worthy of the Sylvanian brand. I could not see myself buying items along the lines of the recent baby funfair; village businesses are more to my liking. I wonder if we'll ever see items along the lines of Field View Windmill, the Supermarket, hospital and Sea Food Restaurant? Maybe they're not cost effective anymore.

    I'm glad you're adapting to your new job. I'm sure Arcfield will wait for you!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson! Thank you very much for your comment.
      I understand what you mean regarding the buildings and lack of space. There's so many lovely houses, shops and restaurants! I love decorating the homes, which is why I have so many homes even though the businesses, as you said, can be more useful for stories.

      I also hope we get more buildings like the ones you mentioned and that they go back to the woodland/village setting. I see how the current releases are probably popular with the current target though, and I do like some of those items separately, they just would not fit very well in Arcfield, haha! Even the Town was a bit "out there" for me, but at least the concept was that it was a separate space.

      I recently bought an adjustable lamp with many light settings that should allow me to take pictures of my Sylvanians even in the evening. Hopefully that'll help me take more pictures and write more stories, since lack of light is an issue with my current schedule!

      Have a wonderful week and thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)