Thursday, December 24, 2020

December Festivities with the Nielsen Family

Hello everyone!

The last challenge for the year at the SF Collectors' Forum is:

Challenge #23: December Festivities

The close of the year brings festive celebrations to people around the globe, including our friends in Sylvania. Show us how you and your Sylvanians enjoy the season!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the December Festivities theme!

For this challenge, I decided to decorate the Cozy Cottage I own for my polar bears, who hadn't made an appearance yet. They are the owners of an ice-cream and crêpes eatery, but today we're going to visit their home and see how they've been decorating and preparing for the festivities. 

An overview:


There's not much space in the Cozy Cottage, but I did my best to make it comfortable for a family of five (parents Noah and Barbara, daughter Julia and twin babies Briony and Noel, who share the cot). The beautiful miniature Christmas tree on the parents' bedroom, as well as the delicious-looking Christmas cookies on the table downstairs were both gifts from my dear friend Cutata. She sent them to me last year, and they're finally making an appearance! Thank you Cutata!

Noah, a coffee enthusiast, loves the December festivities. While he makes his first coffee of the day, he's pondering where to hang the beautiful wreath the family has acquired this year. Inside, up on the wall next to the tree, or would it maybe go better outside, on the front door...?

Young Julia is about to start writing her letter to Holyster, so to get into the spirit of the festivities she has just set the cute toy tree she got from one of her best friends, Cleo López, on her table. I wonder what she'll ask for...?

Julia is supposed to be watching her baby sister, Briony, but she's quite distracted as you've noticed. Luckily, Briony is a well-behaved baby who mostly keeps herself entertained with her toys. She loves to eat ice-cream, even in Winter, so as you can imagine, she's very happy about her parents' job!

Baby Noel, on the other hand...

"Let me get your bottle for you, my darling".

I don't think the bottle is what he wants, Barbara!

Seems like Noah has finally decided where to hang the wreath!

"What do you think, sweetheart?"

"It looks great, dad!"

As you can see, the family agreed to pose for a picture to send you all their good wishes (and mine!).

Happy Holidays, everyone! Stay safe and healthy, and might 2021 be kind to us all.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! It's a lovely home for these polar bears. It's looks comfortable for this family, so don't fret about it. I love all the detail you poured in. Such as the mini Christmas Tree on top of the vanity and plate of cookies Noel wants.

    Merry Christmas, Ayrell. Have a wonderful rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yosemite!

      Thank you very much for your comment, I'm very happy that you liked the pictures. It always annoys me that there's never enough room for a bathroom in these buildings!
      I love decorating dollhouses, though the wallpapering part... not so much!

      Happy Holidays! Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I understand. There aren't much bathroom sets either which is a bummer.

      I agree, decorating dollhouses is always one of the many fun parts (other than playing).

      Have a nice day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell! Lovely decor and clever use of space - well done! I particularly like the colours in the living room area. Great to see the polar bears too. I've always liked the father's top; there are too few with a design on the front. Unless the point is to make him cool! The little one in the orange romper looks cute too.

    I can appreciate the time you must have taken to dress the cottage. The Christmas accessories work well, as does the illusion of powdery snow.

    All the best for the holiday season and a healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad you liked the pictures! I also like how the wallpaper/colour scheme turned out for the living room area.
      I love the polar bears myself! I bought them recently, but had wanted them for a long time.

      Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you as well!
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. How absolutely adorable! Hugs from Pigjes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pigjes!

      Thank you very much for your comment, so happy to read you here!
      I'm very glad you liked the pictures. I had fun decorating this cottage for the polar bears.
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. I like the way you have decorated your Polar Bears' house - that reminds me, I still haven't shared photos of mine yet! Must do that one day...
    Merry Christmas, Ayrell! Hope you and yours have a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!

      Thank you very much for your comment! So glad you liked the pictures. Looking forward to seeing yours! I love bears, so I find this family adorable.

      Happy Holidays and Happy New Year, and thanks again!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ayrell,
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    I love how you decorated the house for this adorable family. Your choice of wallpaper suits the colour of their clothes perfectly.
    It´s amazing how you managed to fit so much furniture in such a small cottage without making it look crammed.
    I really like the way you divided the top floor in three sections so that each member of the family can have has its own space.
    The deatils you added such as the christmas decorations, the toys scattered on the floor, the stuff on the desk and dresser, that cute cockoo clock ...make the house look very homey and cosy.
    Your idea of turning the TV furniture set into a handy kitchen counter was very clever!
    I´m glad The Polaris agreed to pose for the last picture. It is a lovely Christmas card!
    Looking forward to seeing them running their ice cream and crepes business.

    Enjoy the rest of the festive holidays!

    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Happy Holidays to you, too! Thank you for your comment!
      I'm glad that you like the cottage! I had fun working on it. It's always tricky to furnish these small buildings but it's part of the challenge/fun!
      I'm happy to read that you find it cozy and homey, I was trying to go for that! I'm not very good at adding small details to my pictures but they make a huge difference so I'm working on that.

      Glad you liked the card, too!
      I'm also looking forward to setting up their business! Maybe soon...

      Have a wonderful rest of the holidays.

      Delete
  6. Hello Ayrell, and a late Merry Christmas!
    How lovely to meet the Nielsons and look around their cheerful home! I admire how you made use of the space in the cottage and especially how you divided the top floor so it actually looks like seperate spaces. I always find the upstairs of cottages so frustrating to furnish because there never seems to be enough space for bedrooms, bathroom, etc, but the way you did it was impressive.
    Happy New Year to you and the Sylvanians of Arcfield!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too! :)

      Thank you very much for your comment. I'm very happy you enjoyed the post. The cottage was harder to furnish than I thought, I had to use the illusion of depth at the top floor to fit something more than the beds, hehe. The bathroom is a constant annoyance, there's never space for it! I just imagine there's a part of the house we can't see, hehe.

      Have a wonderful week-end!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)