Saturday, December 5, 2020

The Holsteins Prepare for Winter

Hello everyone!

While finishing my latest story, I read through the suggestions for Challenge 22 in the SF Collectors Forum and they inspired me to set up some scenes to participate.

Just three pictures this time, no elaborate story. I still hope you enjoy them, I had fun setting everything up!

Challenge #22: Winter Preparations

The winter months are fast approaching. Throughout the Sylvanian Forest, families are prepared for the coldest part of the year. Storing food and other advance preparations are crucial for thriving during winter season. This means wood for cosy fires, well-stocked larders, warm clothing, and planning fun indoor and outdoor seasonal activities!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Winter Preparations theme!

This afternoon, the Holstein family members are busy gathering the last harvest of the year. They own the biggest farm in the area, and their fresh vegetables are very popular in Arcfield. With them, they supply not only the businesses in town, but also some of the neighboring villages'. Although they also grow fruit, it's mostly for their own use (mother Katharina loves baking pies!), as the fruit stall in town is owned by the Waters beavers, who grow their own produce as well. The Holsteins also supply the village with firewood

The whole family is here today; Katharina has gone to check that the tools are in their place and ready for use, but she's just discovered that her twin babies Hilda and Helge seem to think that the apples and oranges she recently finished gathering are wonderful toys! Her husband Ulrich is already working in the vegetable patch, and her eldest children, Jonas and Charlotte, are also helping.

Temperatures have already started to drop in Arcfield, so when they their work is finished, the whole family runs inside the farm to rest and warm themselves. Ulrich brings in some firewood and gets the fire in the chimney started. Katharina helps him, and is pleased to see that her son Jonas has already made tea and hot chocolate for his parents and sister. While she wouldn't admit it out loud, Jonas is the apple of her mother's eye!

In the meantime, Charlotte has just finished taking a bath. It feels great to have a long, warm bath to get rid of the cold, dirt and soreness after helping her parents in the vegetable fields! The babies are having a blast splashing around in the water!
"Come on you two, it's time to get out!".

Hope you all like the pictures! Have a great week-end!

12 comments:

  1. Aww! These cows are so cute. I especially love Ulrich's white horns. It seems they're having a healthy harvest too.

    It's getting colder in me (Yosemite) and my older sister's (Ali) village too. We turn on their fireplace more often too.

    I like the twins in the final photo. They look like their enjoying themselves so much. How did yoh make the bubbles? Are they cotton balls? They look very realistic! Amazing work as always, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Posh Pear!

      So happy you liked the pictures, thank you for your comment! It's also getting colder here in Spain, but it must be really rough in Yosemite! I hope you and Ali keep warm and healthy! I bet the fireplace helps. :) That sounds so cozy!

      The bubbles are indeed cotton balls, you're absolutely correct! The cotton got pretty stuck to the figures, haha! But I was able to remove it with no issues. :)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
    2. Oops, sorry for not finding this earlier. I was on a vacation with my family and we just got back on Tuesday.

      I guess my comment wasn't yhe clearest. My name is actually Yosemite😂, and my family doesn't live there.

      When I mean village I mean me and my sister's Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families village. We ourselves have a nice collection and a blog.

      Have a lovely Christmas and happy new year. Sorry about the confusion. 😅

      Delete
    3. Oh, so sorry, Yosemite! Seems like I misread/misunderstood. Oops!
      Now I understand! Do you have a link to the blog you have with your sister Ali? I'd love to see it!
      I hope you had a nice family vacation.
      Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all as well. Stay safe and healthy!

      Delete
    4. Ali and I would appreciate that so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This means a lot!

      Unfortunately we don't have a domain, so it's only accessible by link. We only shared it with a few friends.

      Here's the link: https://critterscalico00.wixsite.com/calico-families

      Thank you so much and happy holidays!❤❤❤

      Delete
    5. Thank you so much for the link! I've seen you have a lot of stories already and that you got some gashapon from Japan! Lucky you!
      Looking forward to taking a look through your blog. Thanks again!
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Clear, colourful, cute cows with character. Congratulations!

    The detail is wonderful as usual. It's difficult to choose a favourite from these three photos, but as I said on the forum, the decor in the second is warm and homely - perfect for Sylvanians.

    Thank you for these cheery pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackson!

      Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad you liked the pictures! I had fun setting up these scenes, getting to use my cow family at last. I'm happy with how they turned out and I agree with you regarding the second one!

      Have a wonderful rest of the week.

      Delete
  3. Ayrell, your cow family is lovely. It was so nice to meet them! I have long admired the cows but as they are discontinued here I have been unsucessful in getting my own hands on them, so it was wonderful to enjoy them through your pictures.
    The babies look like they're enjoying the bath! I wonder if it was difficult for Charlotte or their parents to get them out?
    I really enjoyed this and your attention to detail is amazing, as Jackson said.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you very much for your comment! So happy you enjoyed the pictures. :)
      The cows are also discontinued here, but I was lucky enough to buy them from a Spanish seller through a second-hand articles app. I believe I also bought the Van Dyke otters from the same person. Sometimes older things appear in these kinds of apps, so I try to keep an eye on them! :) I hope you manage you get them at some point. Maybe eBay? Shipping is very expensive to Spain though...

      I'm sure Charlotte had a hard time getting the babies out of the bath, haha! She had already dried herself, but I wonder if they splashed water all over her. :D

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ayrell!
    Lovely pictures to introduce the Holstein family in Arcfield.
    The three photoslook great but my favourite is the second one.
    Their living room looks so warm and cozy with the fireplace lit,the tea set, the lovely print of the wallpaper and the details you poured in to decorate the room. I feel like sitting with them in a cold winter evening and have a chat over a nice cup of hot chocolate.

    Hope to see more pictures of this family in coming posts.

    Enjoy the weekend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thank you very much for your comment, it makes me happy that you enjoyed the pictures!
      I'm also fond of the second picture. I was going for a cozy, farm living room feeling. I'm sure it's very warm and comfortable there!

      Have a lovely Sunday!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)