Thursday, June 1, 2023

June 2023 Calendar Picture

Hi everyone!

It's the first day of June and here I am, posting the picture from Cutata's calendar on time for a change!

In this adorable picture we can see the Cottontail rabbits on their way to the farmers market with their pony Cinnamon, who is also part of the family. If you haven't read this story, you're missing out! Here it is.

Even though I do not own the Cottontails, I'm very fond of them, specially of the sister figure, Willow. I don't see them very often in stores these days, but who knows, they might end up as part of my collection some day. 

I haven't been very active with my Sylvanians or my dolls lately (I did start taking some pictures for a story featuring the nursery school), but I do have some personal news. Me and my boyfriend are buying a house together! It's a semi-detached house with three bedrooms, an office (which is perfect, since I work from home) and a pretty big outdoor area for Vega (our dog) to run around. There will also be more space for Arcfield and its inhabitants, haha!

Do tell me about your Sylvanian plans!

I hope you have a wonderful month of June. Take care, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Another lovely picture, Ayrell. I remember the story too, although it's worth looking at again.

    The Cottontails are sweet, I agree. I have a few, but not wearing the same clothes as in Cutata's story. Mine are from a different release, and they are supplemented with a number of duplicates. Only grandfather Winston has appeared in my stories, but the others deserve to be featured. However, has my collection has exploded and the same can be said of many of my families! I suppose the Cottontails have seniority... 😄

    Congratulations on your house plans. Vega should have fun. Good news for Arcfield too!

    My plans are to carry on with the stories. I've laid a few strands recently but I need to add a couple more then bring them together later in the year. Some of the historical tales of Mellowdene help as does the acquisition of some duplicate figures - it's always interesting when the look of a custom dressed figure suggests a particular character! Some buildings and transport open up possibilities too; a theatre, Meadowcroft Cottage, a houseboat, taxis - all need to be used at some point! Plus some Li'l Woodzeez!

    Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thank you very much for your comment, and apologies for the delay in publishing and replying to it!

      I hope to see grandpa Winston Cottontail in a Mellowdene story soon! I really need to catch up with your blog! I really admire how you've been able to keep up with your wonderful stories for so long; and sounds like you have plenty of new additions and ideas! Great! :D

      Stay safe and healthy!

      Delete
  2. Hello Ayrell! I'm a month late, but I'm very happy to see this post! How sweet! I'll have to re-acquaint myself with Cutata's story about the Cottontails! They're a personal favourite of my own. I don't know, there just is something so sweet and humble about them!

    Congratulations on your house buying! That sounds awesome! I'm sure the three of you (and Arcfield inhabitants) will be very happy!

    I look forward to that story about the nursery school sometime in the future! My poor Sylvanians are still a bit neglected. But, I have taken pictures of my finished Appleblossom house so I should have that up very soon!

    Take care! I hope your move-in goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you very much for your comment, and apologies for the delay in publishing and replying to it!

      I'm also quite fond of the Cottontails, as I mentioned in this post, even though I don't own them (yet, haha).

      Thank you for the good wishes on the house buying! It's been busy and stressful, to say the least, but hopefully we'll be able to get everything done, little by little.

      I've been able to finish taking all pictures for the nursery school story, so hopefully I'll be able to write and publish it soon!

      Looking forward to seeing the finished Appleblossom house! :)

      Stay safe and healthy!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)