Thursday, May 16, 2019

Beach Picnic

Hi everyone!

This fortnight's challenge prompt in the Sylvanian Families Collectors Community was:

Challenge #9: Ocean and Seaside

Spring is here and the weather is warming! Sylvanians are ready to enjoy excursions to the seaside and plan all sorts of activities on the shores of Sylvania.

How does the sea affect your village? Some villagers may spend their holidays at the seashore, while others may earn a living by fishing, selling souvenirs, or perhaps running a coastal restaurant, pub, inn or hotel. Older Sylvanians like to reminisce about seaside holidays, while smaller Sylvanians might be encountering the beach for the first time!

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story or do whatever inspires you to create a project around the Ocean and Seaside theme! 


--

Even though summer is steadily approaching in Arcfield, it's still not warm enough to swim in the sea. Not discouraged by this, however, the village's children decided to have a picnic on the beach!


They have fruit, sweets and drinks. They're having a great time. As you can see, Coco insisted in bringing all of his swimming gear.
"Coco, put your shirt on, you're going to catch a cold!" nags his sister Freya.
"Yeah" says Sabrina Sandy. "Forget about that and play tennis with me!".


 

The Spinelli children are here as well, building sandcastles. Livio is relieved that, for once, his sister didn't insist in doing the most dangerous or exhausting activity.



Fiorella Andes is in a good mood today, as her best friend Evie Hazelwood is here too! They're looking for seashells.
"Ooh, look at that one!"




Hector and Isabella are about to start playing soccer!
"Do you want to play with us, Frances?" asks Hector, smiling.
"Uhh, well..."
I get the feeling that Frances would rather read a book in peace. :D


 
And lastly, a bonus picture of Freya in the actual beach where I went to get the sand! :D
Hope you liked the pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Ayrell, and the backgrounds really help to give them depth.

    I do like how your stories maintain and develop the characters of your Sylvanians; Livio's preference to be less active than his sister, Frances and her bookish ways, and Coco clearly trying to show off for Annabelle.

    It's nice to see Evie make an appearance too. Whilst rabbits do dominate my collection (plus a fair few beavers), over the past two or three months I've come to like the Hazelwood mice and other similarly moulded critters - e.g. the Hamilton hamsters. The bright Sylvanian eyes really bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson for your comment! Glad you liked the pictures.
      I do try to keep the personalities consistent between the stories, glad you noticed and that it's working! I really enjoy seeing the characters slowly develop on their own.
      Evie is adorable, I liked her Sleepover set ever since I first saw it on Cutata's blog and knew I'd add her to my collection at some point. She sure has the charm of Flair's releases.

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayrell! These pictures are lovely! The real sand looks great, and the backdrops are perfect. I love all the little details like the shells and the pieces of driftwood.
    Silly Coco! Haha! As Jackson said, its lovely watching your characters develop as we get to know them.
    That beach looks gorgeous! Lucky Freya, getting to have an outing there!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for your comment and sorry for not publishing it earlier, somehow I hadn't seen it!
      I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures and backdrops! I always struggle with the background so that's great to read. :)
      I really enjoy developing the characters, though it does feel like they do so on their own, hehe!
      Have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayrell!
    I love all your pictures! The last one of Freya in a real beach is great!You´re lucky to live so near the seaside!
    The picnic scene is lovely!There´s no doubt Coco just have eyes for Annabelle . He doesn´t seem very interested in playing tennis with Sabrina.
    I´m happy to see Evie is already in Arcfield looking for seashells with her best friend Fiorella.I remembered reading you wanted to buy Evie´s Sleepover set and you finally did. The Hazelwood are adorable!

    It´s good to see Hector and Isabella too. A beach is a good place to enjoy reading a book so I´m afraid Frances won´t join them.They should ask Freya, I´m sure she would love to play football with them.


    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!

      Thank you for your comment and glad that you liked the pictures! :)
      Yes, I live just next to the beach! I just have to go down a short pathway to reach the sand, it's nice. :)

      You're absolutely right about everyone, hehe! And yes, I did get the set with Evie, she's really cute! Love her. :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! :)